Gibson Brands Forums

Welcome Crazyhair!

TommyK

I've whiled away the hour lunch that I have by watching Internet TV. Most recently, I've been drilling down through the HULU Addams family offerings.

The Addams family was quite musical.

Gomez, thus far, has played the guitar (a Harmony) and drums. He has even been composing using the harpsichord which Lurch usually plays.

Morticia plays the shamisen, shawm, bag pipes and lyra. The samisen seems to be her favorite, with which she accompanies herself singing Chinese/Japanese sounding lyrics.

I have all 8 seasons of the Andy Griffith Show and am a member of the Mayberry.com message board.

I also have a strong like for the Sam Drucker Triad of shows. Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction and Green Acres.

Hogan's Heroes is also a favorite. I can tell you what medals Klink has pinned to his tunic and what they are for.

Maybe this belongs in the "Why I am a geek" thread. :-

The original Addams Family cartoons done by Chas Addams in Playboy was far darker than the TV version. And incredibly funny. The darkness would not have worked in 60's TV. The Raul Julia and Angelica Houston movie version was much closer to the original.

The original Addams Family cartoons done by Chas Addams in Playboy was far darker than the TV version. And incredibly funny. The darkness would not have worked in 60's TV. The Raul Julia and Angelica Houston movie version was much closer to the original.

Apparently, "Thing", as conceived by Charles Addams was a disembodied head. But this was a bit too macabre and technically more difficult to put on TV, than a boxed up disembodied forearm and hand.

I hope they come out with another movie. All the iterations were hysterical.

I prefer playing guitar over watching TV and hanging out on the internet so I'm not much of a geek. But I do enjoy watching the older shows that you have listed and getting onto Hulu once in a while. Did you know Hulu now has the old Pink Panther cartoons! I also love the old Outer Limits shows. Are there any other sites like Hulu?

Archived