Gibson Brands Forums

missing case accessories for 2007 Gibson Custom Shop Chambered 1958 Les Paul VOS Reissue?

1958sunburst

Admin,

Earlier this week I purchased a brand-new 2007 Gibson Custom Shop Chambered 1958 Les Paul VOS Reissue from a large musical instrument retailer in New York City. The guitar came with the following paperwork and accessories:

- black Gibson Custom hardshell case

- case key

- new-style Gibson Custom COA

- Gibson "Customer Care Guide" booklet

- truss rod wrench

- Gibson Gold Warranty booklet

- "Bumblebee Equipped" hang tag

- laminated card attached to case handle that says "The Certificate of Authenticity for this instrument is enclosed in the pocket of the case."

I did not, however, receive the following things:

- switch tip for pickup selector (along with hang tag and small plastic bag that usually comes with it)

- Gibson Custom Care Kit (i.e., polishing cloth, cable, guitar picks, etc.)

- orange, guitar-shaped "Vintage Gibson Strings" hang tag

- IMPORTANT: rectangular folded hang tag that typically has guitar model and serial number ink-stamped on it (i.e., the one that typically hangs from an elastic band, and has a front edge in the shape of a guitar that says, "QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, TRADITION ...GIBSON")

Anyway -- despite the aforementioned retail store's prominence within musical instrument sales, its sales staff does not seem especially knowledgeable about what items are supposed to come with these guitars, and my efforts to request the above-listed missing paperwork and accessories fell somewhat on deaf ears.

Would it be possible for Gibson to send me these things? Given that I spent approximately $4,000.00 on this guitar, which (to me, at least) is an enormous amount of money, I don't think it is right for me to not receive all of its paperwork and accessories because of sales-clerk ineptitude. Any info would be helpful, thanks!

please contact Gibson Customer Service about this...i'm out of the office for the next 2 weeks and really can't help. they are at 1-800-4gibson' date=' or service@gibson.com[/quote']

Thanks, Admin. Per your suggestion, I've e-mailed Gibson Customer Service.

• 9 months later...

You can find the missing items for sale at http://www.vintageworldguitars.com/ You have to purchase them but good luck getting them from Gibson. They will sell individual tags and the tri-fold card with your guitar inkstamped. They also have the Les Paul white Custom Shop slipcover. These are nice!! It's pretty typical and unfortunate that so many dealers (LIKE GUITAR CENTER) toss this stuff out or pilfer it. It would be nice if Gibson would include a sheet with a list of all of the stuff that you are supposed to get with a megabuck guitar. I purchased a few of the Custom Care Kits from Music Machine in Kennewick, WA for $40 each a couple of years ago.

About a month ago I was at my local dealer and there was this guy in who bought a R8. As I was standing nearby looking at another LP on the wall. I turned and said his R8 looked great, and he of course agreed. As he was going through the case, he said to me "You want this?". I looked over and he was handing me the clear package with the cable, Gibson cleaning cloth and other stuff placed in there. He said, "I get tired of having all this stuff sit around".

So I guess the point is some people don't even want some of that stuff it in their cases - go figure?!

Archived