Gibson Brands Forums

If you had to choose a fuzz....

Josh James

But when I want to get out there - the AshBass FuzzRite is a MossRite Clone any will give me that buzzy' date=' spitting "Psychotic Reaction" buzzsaw sound...but it's not for everyone.

[/quote']

You're speaking my language. I have an original Ge FuzzRite. Man, it is one sweet fuzz. Only has one sound, but once you dial in that sweet spot with the volume and fuzz knobs, it is psychedelic nirvana.

.............My ME-70 has like 10 fuzz' date=' ODrive and Distortion in it..........more than enough to replicate about any single pedal, plus every other

common effect...........so in the long run it is a big money saver as compared to individual pedals.[/quote']

But will the simulated Ge fuzzes clean up (when you roll the guitar's volume back) like a real Ge fuzz?

After years of searching & buying several pedals, I found the fuzz for me - ZVex Fuzz Factory. It gets that nasty velcro fuzz like no other pedal. Throw some reverb on that and turn on the swirly lights!

At some point I want to grab a Peppermint Fuzz. Based on the sound samples I have heard, this is right up my alley too.

Honorable mention goes to my Mosrite Fuzz Rite. It is Ge just like the Fuzz Factory and Peppermint. IMO Ge is the only way to go.

I also have a rehabbed Dunlop FuzzFace. It is Si and not all that great, but a fun pedal to tinker with at home. I think David Gilmour uses these.

After years of searching & buying several pedals' date=' I found the fuzz for me - ZVex Fuzz Factory. It gets that nasty velcro fuzz like no other pedal. Throw some reverb on that and turn on the swirly lights!

At some point I want to grab a Peppermint Fuzz. Based on the sound samples I have heard, this is right up my alley too.[/quote']

If you like a nastier fuzz then, yup, you'll probably like the Peppermint Fuzz. It's not as crazy as the Zvex - it's more like a Fuzz Face but with more sizzle - but still has plenty of grit to it.

My 2 favorites are the good ol' Big Muff and Fuzz Factory. For a more "useable" fuzz, the Analogman Sun Face is a great one. It cleans up well with the guitars volume knob. The Fuzz Factory does a bit of everything and takes some getting used to, but once you have it figured out.....

Archived