Gibson Brands Forums

Starting a band (good this time)

Silenced Fred

Starting out a band with my two friends (another guitar and drums) just need a bassist. This one looks good, we have similar tastes in music, we are all pretty devoted to it, and are good friends. Need a good bass, and maybe some keys, and this can work out swell. Genre would be "indie"/grunge (Mainly a Pearl Jam/Smashing Pumpkins/Silversun Pickups/Pixies/Pavement kind of sound. It may seem weird, but it can work)

I'm pumped, I finally can do something I like to do with music I like. Hope to be lining up small gigs at the end of the summer after we write some stuff, I have two songs we can work off of now, but it's good.

Sorry, just thought I would spread my good news. Keepin the faith

Good luck on that Nathan! Remember, regardless of what happens, to have fun. My philosophy about music (and a lot of things) is that if it's not fun, there's something to be fixed. If it can't be fixed, you can either change your definition of "fun," or you can just go ahead and flat-out abandon it. I hope what I'm trying to say is coming out clearly--I'm having a little trouble with articulating what I mean. [unsure]

Again, I hope you have fun with that. If the band mates are good and the tunes are good then I'm sure good times will be had. [thumbup]

That's the main thing. My friend looked up on some website on "how to start a band" and one of the first things was to have fun. He told me that I'm a genius. :-

I don't want to put up with the BS, I have done enough of that already. I have played with both of these guys before, and its been fun. I look forward to it

Archived