Gibson Brands Forums

Nashville flood relief - more info

milod

I just got the following email from Elixir - I'm on their list.

m

We apologize that we are sending out more emails than usual this month. But as part of the community of musicians, we thought that you would want to know what is going on in Nashville and how you might help. All of us are learning more each day about the devastating effects of the Tennessee/Nashville flood. First-hand reports continue to come in from the musicians who have suffered major losses. The national news has covered the damage at The Grand Old Opry and the new Symphony Center. But one of the hardest hit places was Soundcheck-- the largest storage, rehearsal cartage company in town. The reports are incredibly heartbreaking, to say the least. Many musicians from all levels have lost all of their gear. The Nashville Musicians Association is now in the process of gathering information about musicians that have suffered loss or damage to their homes as well.

The Nashville Musicians Association Flood Relief Fund has been set up and donations have been coming in from the musician community. The NMA will make sure that this money gets distributed in the best possible way to help musicians try to recover from this devastating event.

The NMA has asked for our help. We will provide a direct donation of Elixir Strings and Elixir Instrument cables to musicians through the NMA and we will be raising funds at the upcoming NAMM convention in June. We have also committed to spreading the word to as many people as possible. Please do what you can to donate and pass this email on and post the link on facebook/myspace/twitter. Here is the link to the NMA Flood Relief Fund www.nashvillemusicians.org

There is also a lot of flood recovery related information and links on the site. The NMA is adding updates daily to the site. Thanks for taking the time to read this and passing it on to others in the community.

Yep, for what I heard the entire place was under water.

I attended a benefit gig a week ago to help the cause.

Some of the artists affected have a ton of money but there was a lot of gear from working musicians in there too.

Archived