Gibson Brands Forums

Does your PC sing like that?

DeVeeWee

My PC sings like a Blown 502 Big Block. In all seriousness I find it funny that Mac paints itself as having absolutely no problems, which I know for a fact is BS. One big problem I have with Mac desktop computers is just how ridiculously overpriced they are. I built my desktop computer for about $900+ with a copy of Windows 7 Pro 64bit, that same system specs wise would cost over $3500 from Apple.

And I haven't had any serious problems with Windows 7, that I didn't fix in a matter of minutes.

I hate the compatibility issues my macbook has. I bought a GREAT little mp3 player for 40$ on sale at best buy.

It has;

2 gig internal memory, with expandable micro sd slot

FM Radio and the ability to record off the radio to internal or removable memory

Voice recorder application (Waiting to see if I could record riffs and such on it)

Lithium Battery instead of nickel

Standard USB mini to USB for ease of cable charging/compatibility

Bright backlit screen for device navigation

Half the size of an ipod shuffle 2/3rds the cost, and twice the amount of features.

And iTunes won't recognize it so I'll have to convert songs i want to put on it to mp3 from AAC first.

What a pain.

I hate the compatibility issues my macbook has. I bought a GREAT little mp3 player for 40$ on sale at best buy.

It has;

2 gig internal memory' date=' with expandable micro sd slot

FM Radio and the ability to record off the radio to internal or removable memory

Voice recorder application (Waiting to see if I could record riffs and such on it)

Lithium Battery instead of nickel

Standard USB mini to USB for ease of cable charging/compatibility

Bright backlit screen for device navigation

Half the size of an ipod shuffle 2/3rds the cost, and twice the amount of features.

And iTunes won't recognize it so I'll have to convert songs i want to put on it to mp3 from AAC first.

What a pain. [/quote']

Compatibility and the price suck but once you got over that...you'll never want anything else than a Mac at least I not...:-k

Oh it definately has some great features, but honestly the only thing I would miss at this point between a macbook and a windows 7 laptop would be the startup and shut down speed.

For sure to each their own though, if I was a professional musician (definately am not) I can't imagine I'd use anything else since I know they're usually the industry standard.

Archived