Gibson Brands Forums

Slash’s Tone Secrets Revealed!

dem00n

I've no idea.

The only track I have featuring the guy is when he plays the solo on Lenny Kravitz' "Always On the Run" and he's fine by me.

Perhaps people think he gets a bit too much exposure in the media?

I'm with Mojo; 26 mins of clips?. Informative they may be but - Life's too short.

At least while I type this I can listen to some good music...

Yeah, I was hoping for an article to skim through out of curiosity.

I don't hate Slash. I certainly don't love him either. I just think it's like trying to keep a busted up ship from sinking. GnR is long over. "Chinese Democracy" doesn't count. Velvet Revolver never really mattered. When was the last huge record Slash was a major part of? Did he really have THAT big of an impact on music that Gibson has to be all up his butt with countless articles and more signature guitars? I just feel there are other artists more deserving of this kind of attention. Again, no hate from me. Just a lack of understanding in what I feel is simply over-saturation.

Means a lot' date=' coming from a guy that has a John Mayer Strat.[/quote']

OOO Below the belt, right between the......Eyes.

As for "Why the Slash Hate?" I personally don't think it's hate for Slash, just the endless stream of kids that want his Tone.

It happened over at the Fender site with SRV. I love SRV but can't help but make fun of people who want his Tone and think they can achieve it with his Gear. You can only say Tube Screamer and Leslie Emulator so many times before you start making Hat jokes.

Archived