Gibson Brands Forums

NGD coming soon!!

Dub-T-123

I worked out a deal on a craigslist find and I'll be going to pick it up soon.

The guitar in question is a near mint 2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster in a sweet 3-tone burst. It also has a maple fretboard (which I prefer for Fenders). I'm pretty excited as you can imagine.

I've been gasing for a Tele for a while now and when I saw this I knew I had to have it. I finally sealed the deal today. The finish reminds me of CB's old Strat.

Can't wait to get that Tele tone!

Here are a couple pics from the ad

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Welcome to the Tele club! Life will never be the same again man' date=' trust me. [thumbup']

That sounds promising lol. Should be pretty sweet through the ac30. I'm not looking to replace my SG, just get a backup and some new tones. I'm a Tele fan.

So I have to ask. What do you think about the '08 American Standards? I understand some changes were made that year??

I'm in love. I picked it up today and it's great.

After I picked it up I went and jammed on it with some friends. It sounds and plays awesome I can't wait to plug it into the ac30. It looks great too. Overall I couldn't be happier.

The guy had it strung with 11s. I'm gonna need to do a string change it's way too hard for me to bend on these!

Archived