Gibson Brands Forums

LeBron's Heat Crime

jimmiJAMM

Looks like I'm not alone in my Cleveland feelings either a quick check of Cleveland's popularity shows two major honors this year looks like Cleveland was rated The worst city in America in 2010 and Forbe's named it America's most miserable city.

America's Most Miserable Cities 2010

Kurt Badenhausen' date=' Forbes.com

Feb 18, 2010

This year Cleveland takes the top spot in our third annual ranking of America's Most Miserable Cities. Cleveland secured the position thanks to its high unemployment, high taxes, lousy weather, corruption by public officials and crummy sports teams (Cavaliers of the NBA excepted).

Quick facts

The city of Cleveland has had a colorful history. The Cuyahoga River, which runs through the city, famously caught fire in 1969 thanks to rampant pollution, and it wasn't the first time. In 1978 it became the first U.S. city to default on its debts since the Great Depression. Cleveland sports fans have had to endure more anguish than those in any other city. The city has been dubbed with a less than endearing nickname: the Mistake by the Lake.

[/quote']

No, you are not alone, and don't think we haven't heard this before. What I find interesting is that it's not enough that people are happy to not live here themselves; no, they have to sit on their ivory towers and take cheap shots. For some reason, it gives them satisfaction. I don't know why. To me, it shows an utter lack of class and compassion.

I'm a big college sports fan, but don't care a thing for any pro sport except the NFL. I was a Charlotte Hornets basketball fan, but now dispise the NBA and most all the prima donna players and owners. All overpaid jerks.

Archived