Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Footswitch

Silenced Fred

Having a button to turn on the effects loop would actually be really useful to me.

I have a delay pedal that sounds great when it's on, but when it's off it makes a really annoying little sound. I want to use it but it really bugs me. I think it may be because of the power adapter I use.

Have you looked inside your broken footswitch? I bet it's really simple. Maybe you can see what's wrong and fix it.

It really depends upon the amp.

Old Fenders just use a make/break switch (a simple loop.) Newer ones use resistance to decide what to do when a given switch os pressed (usually, the ones with LEDs are not simple loops.)

That having been said, if the one you have doesn't work work, open it up and have a look. It might be as simple as a loose solder joint.

Well' date=' I'm mainly asking because I would like more room on my pedalboard. If possible, I think it would be great if a single button one worked. I'm not too worried about the current footswitch, it can be fixed, just gotta look at it[/quote']

I get it.

You should look for a schematic for that amp/pedal and see how to configure one switch to do the function you want.

Archived