Gibson Brands Forums

Life Is Good

Californiaman

The sun just set on the sleepy little, central coast town of Santa Maria.

My daughter's in bed. The wife and I are sitting here on the patio enjoying the evening.

Two and half miles away at the Santa Barbara County Fair the Beach Boys are playing "Don't Worry Baby."

The dyeing embers of the barbecue are aglow. The night is still and quiet except the sounds of one of the best California bands of all time.

Life is good. Real good right now.

I could count the number of concerts I've ever been to on one hand. The Beach Boys played here on July 4, 1990 and I wasn't about to miss it. My wife was extremely pregnant and I was a little nervous about leaving her home, pre cell phones and all (my oldest daughter was born 8 days later).

John Stamos was drumming for them and he was dating Paula Abdul then. She came along and danced on stage with Mike Love during "Surfer Girl".

What amazed me was the fact that they sounded exactly like the records I grew up with. I half expected them to suck but wanted to see them anyway just to say I did. Wow. They were great.

The sun just set on the sleepy little' date=' central coast town of Santa Maria.

My daughter's in bed. The wife and I are sitting here on the patio enjoying the evening.

Two and half miles away at the Santa Barbara County Fair the Beach Boys are playing "Don't Worry Baby."

The dyeing embers of the barbecue are aglow. The night is still and quiet except the sounds of one of the best California bands of all time.

Life is good. Real good right now.[/quote']

Sorry Cman but what your listening to is a nice cover band but that ain't the Beach Boys.

Our best hope is that next year they can all put aside the lawsuits and get Brian, Mike and Al together again.

Throw in Bruce and David Marks and maybe Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fatarr and now were takin me some BEACH BOYS!!

Sail on Sailor.

We all know about the problems the guys are having.

But the band was advertised as the Beach Boys and that's good enough for me.

I didn't buy a ticket. I've seen the real band in 1980 or '81 at Anaheim Stadium.

Don't miss the point. It's about the moment in time.

Dusk on the central coast. A slight breeze blowing in off the Pacific.

Wife and I all alone in the backyard enjoying a wonderful Saturday evening.

Priceless.

It appears that you had a great evening.

Around here' date=' we have a similar vibe, but the music in the distance is usually Mariachi-inspired.

It's wonderful.[/quote']

On most weekends in Santa Maria it's usually Mariachi-inspired too.

We all know about the problems the guys are having.

But the band was advertised as the Beach Boys and that's good enough for me.

I didn't buy a ticket. I've seen the real band in 1980 or '81 at Anaheim Stadium.

Don't miss the point. It's about the moment in time.

Dusk on the central coast. A slight breeze blowing in off the Pacific.

Wife and I all alone in the backyard enjoying a wonderful Saturday evening.

Priceless.

Sorry brother wasn't trying to ruin the moment and I understood where ya were coming from.

That 3rd cup of joe had me on edge this morning and I felt the need to rant. I'm better now. lol

Nothing beats a beautiful evening with the Mrs. and Don't Worry Baby is my all time fave BB tune.

Sorry brother wasn't trying to ruin the moment and I understood where ya were coming from.

That 3rd cup of joe had me on edge this morning and I felt the need to rant. I'm better now. lol

Nothing beats a beautiful evening with the Mrs. and Don't Worry Baby is my all time fave BB tune.

Thanks cookieman.

I know where you're coming from on the coffee thing. Been trying to kick that monkey for some time. Problem is I like my monkeys.

That concert I mentioned back in the early 80s... one of my all time favorite. Good times. Good times indeed.

Thanks cookieman.

I know where you're coming from on the coffee thing. Been trying to kick that monkey for some time. Problem is I like my monkeys.

That concert I mentioned back in the early 80s... one of my all time favorite. Good times. Good times indeed.

Yeah one of my earliest concerts was a huge stadium show in 76 that had Steve Miller and The Beach Boys on the bill.

I got a chance to see Brian Wilson and his band this past year for the second time and although he leaves the high stuff to Jeff Foskett the songs are such great pop symphonies you can't help but have a terrific time.

Archived