Gibson Brands Forums

Black snake moan

morty

Any of you guys seen Black snake moan, alright film got black keys music in it, which reminds me i am watching them in oct!

What do you guys think of Black snake moan, any other guitar films you like if so which?

Yeah, I have that ("Black Snake Moan") DVD, in my collection. Interesting movie!

Always enjoy Sam Jackson's and Christina Ricci's work.

Just saw "The Runaways," too. Kristen Stewart, and Dakota Fanning, were great!

Even Joan Jett and Cherie Currey agreed, that they "nailed" their persona's and their

performances...within the obvious limits, of a 2 hour movie. I would have enjoyed

more performances (full songs), and more back-story, but...it would have been a

"mini-series," in that case. ;>)

Dakota Fanning (as you've never seen her, before), doing "Cherry Bomb!"

CB

I recently bought "Crazy-the Hank Garland Story". The movie was great. Mandy Barnett as Patsy Cline, Steve Vai as Hank Williams, etc. However, I was a little disappointed in the guitar playing in the movie. Its a pet peeve of mine to see a guitarist in a movie that obviously cannot play. Probably just folks like us that notice it, but it stands out to me every time. The movie is still worth seeing, though.

Spinal Tap - I know it's kind of played out now but that movie still cracks me up

Standing in the Shadows of Mowtown- a documentary and not a fictional or based on real life movie. But it is very good.

"Black Snake Moan," has some interesting musical moments/players, in the "special features" segments, too.

And, yeah..."Standing In The Shadow Of Motown," is an enjoyable documentary, as was "Rising Low," about

recording a Govt Mule album, and the passing of Allen Woody, with some of the better Bass players, around

(at that time).

CB

Archived