Gibson Brands Forums

Living like a bachelor...

Silenced Fred

Well...

Your Mom may be half right.

I'm reminded of a line from the 1953 John Wayne movie "Hondo."

"You're a good cook' date=' Mrs. Lowe. A woman should be a good cook. I'm a good cook myself..."

... And yeah, when you've gotta lotta stuff to get done, and you really wanna do it, being alone to figure your own schedule is a lot less stressful than living on somebody else's...

m

[/quote']

Yes, I whole heartedly agree. I am one hell of a cook, wish I played guitar as well as I could make food... [lol]

Practice low foot-print living. i.e. eating out of the container you cook in, eating over the sink ( no table to clean up), clean up after yourself. This will be good practice for real bachelor living. However you do not get extra points for wearing your undies as long as inhumanly possible. :-$

When your 'rents get home, it should look like you've been gone a week too. [cool]

Oh, and DON'T lock yourself out of the house.

Practice low foot-print living. i.e. eating out of the container you cook in' date=' eating over the sink ( no table to clean up), clean up after yourself. This will be good practice for real bachelor living. However you do not get extra points for wearing your undies as long as inhumanly possible. [blush']

When your 'rents get home, it should look like you've been gone a week too. [cool]

Oh, and DON'T lock yourself out of the house.

Yup. Make Mac'n Cheese in a pot and eat out of it too :-$

Having some friends over to watch movies, gonna make potato skins and other stuff. I learned the best part about this is not having to justify everything you do!

I don't make a mess, hardly anything to clean up, but it will get done.

I bach'd it for five years between wives and enjoyed going, eating, wearing, watching whatever I wanted. I sleep nude so it was nice not to have to put pants on to get out of bed for anything (although my new wife has no problem with this when the kids aren't here)

Eat lots of vegetables and feed and water dog/cat.

Had a salad every day' date=' drank a ton of green tea, and did feed and water the cats.

It was a blast, like Rocky said, you don't have to worry about all the little details. I kept the place clean, and it wasn't annoying. I didn't throw any big parties, just a couple of friends over and stuff like that. My parents get in this morning, gotta do a quick once over [biggrin

Actually at this point in my life I think it's easier to keep a place clean when it's just me.

Also, in a sense, I figure that if you're 14-15, you should be an "adult" in perspective even though there are additional "rules" that parents will have for living in their house. A lot of that is common courtesy, whether it's perceived as such or not.

m

Archived