Gibson Brands Forums

My first pics ever!!

brad1

I finally got off my lazy butt and took some pics. It won't stop raining around here so I was getting bored. Not good quality, sorry. I made it my new avatar also. Now I can be special too!

I love my '06 G400. It hasn't had any problems at all since I got it in Nov. '06. Stays in tune great and gives me hours of joy! I also have an 80's Washburn acoustic that I also treasure. And my 5-piece Ludwig set. Having been a drummer since the age of 12 has helped my guitar playing so much. Of course I tend to beat on the guitar a lot. (lol)

The other photo is of an Aria Pro II - "The Cat" model. I've actually had this guitar for about 3-4 years. It had been sitting in a garage for, I don't know how long, and it had some electronic issues when I bought it for a grand total of $30. At first it played with rare problems, but soon they got to be intolerable and permanent. The strings are off because I recently ventured inside. Of course I found I had no clue to what I was doing. (it was my first time in the belly of a strat-style guitar). It has two nobs, and a 5-way switch. I know it's hard to see because everything is black.

Anyway it's going to be a project down the road. I don't know much at all about these guitars, except they have been making copies of other major brand guitars for quite a long time. It seems to be a pretty well constructed guitar for the most part. Along with needing new "guts" it also has the tremolo bar missing on the unit. The tremolo unit seems to be in good order. Any suggestions on how I could get just the arm? Or perhaps make one?

Anybody ever owned an Aria Pro II? I know they have changed names a few times.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

SG.jpg

AriaProII.jpg

:-k/ :D/

I used to have an Aria Pro II Stray Cat.As I recall it was a pretty nice guitar,even had a push pull coil tap for the bridge pickup. Might be that an asian strat trem arm,like say from a squier might fit,just needs to have the same threads.

Hey Brad, feels good to post a pic does'nt it? I posted my first pics yesterday....the G-400s are taking over! It was cool to see your Aria as well, I bought a similar model a few years ago for a sacrificial guitar for parts to one I was building. In retrospect I wish I had just restored it, the quality and just solid feel of it were pretty amazing.

daneman - thanks for the suggestions!

frenchie - I went over to that websit as soon as I read your first post. The only problem is that they have all the

models listed by model numbers. I can't seem to find a model # anywhere on the guitar. It has the

serial number on the neck bolt plate, but that's it. Thanks a lot for the information!

bear - Thanks for the encouragement. Yes it does feel good. It only took me 3 hours! (lol)

Archived