Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elitist Twisted Sister Model LP

Doth

Let's not forget "I Wanna Rock" One of my fav '80s vids.That was TS right ?

Back in the early 80's my kids would spend a lot of time at their grandparents (my ex's parents) and my kids convinced them to get cable (which was very new at the time in this area). The grandparents were VERY straight-laced, prim and proper old school Catholics and they a were generation older than even my parents because they didn't have my ex until they were in their forties so they were REALLY culturally removed from what was happening. My ex-father-in-law was also very Gary Cooper-ish-silent and contemplating and not really one to say much or criticize. One day I'm there and I go to the living room to say hello and he's alone in the room in his chair and MTV is on and playing TS's "We're Not Going To Take It". I say "Hi, what's going on"...and with a straight face and still looking at the television( and I don't think any humor was intended) he says...I'm not really sure. For a minute I thought I'd fallen asleep and was having a weird dream...then I thought I might have ate some bad sea food and was having a reaction but *now* I'm honestly not sure". If you had known this guy and saw the look on his face you would have thought he'd been abducted and taken to another planet. I think 'Ol Dee blew his mind. Between that and my then-nine year old daughter prancing around singing "Like A Virgin" and "When I Think About You I Touch Myself" I don't think they felt that cable thing was such a good idea.

..and Al's your uncle

Yeah,my dad was pretty much the same way about MTV. He was like "Why don't you boys listen to that Air Supply,at least I can understand the lyrics."Of course we probably just turned it up louder. I was in college and my little bro was really into MTV at the time,and I'd watch with him quite often.

Yeah' date='my dad was pretty much the same way about MTV. He was like "Why don't you boys listen to that Air Supply,at least I can understand the lyrics."Of course we probably just turned it up louder. I was in college and my little bro was really into MTV at the time,and I'd watch with him quite often.[/quote']

When I was growing up my dad wanted nothing to do with rock and roll or any music really.. even though my mom was a huge roots rock fan-When I was probably about five years old I learned to play her "phonograph records" and knew the ones with the "Sun" or "dog" (RCA) on them were either the Elvis or the Jerry Lee songs and the "Crown" (Imperial) were the Fats Domino records and the chess set piece (Chess) was Chuck Berry. I couldn't read all the titles or artists but knew the label logos. Later he'd always say it was my mother's fault that I was into that rock music crap. When his brother's wife (my aunt) got into running rock clubs with my cousin in the mid/late 60's he thought it was ridiculous that a woman of her age (early forties) was even interested in that noise. When I finally had a bit of monetary success with it he really didn't change his tune but did settle down a bit about it. Eventually he did get into music a little but never was any huge fan... Then.. twenty some years later...my brother who had some connections at the time...arranged for them to meet Billy Joel (who really isn't "rock" IMHO) back stage and attend his concert for their 50th anniversary(1999) where Joel dedicated "Just The Way You Are " to them. (When I congratulated my mom for "50 years married" she said "big deal, I could have killed someone and served less time) The next day he went to Best Buy and bought nearly every Billy Joel CD they had...and then started asking about this artist or that one. He was unstoppable and I'd see him and he'd ask if I'd ever heard this song or that one and was even predicting the Grammy winners lol. It was like traveling to the Bizarro Alternate Universe. He used to drive my mother crazy because he'd put on VH-1 and crank the sound to the max. He died a few years ago and my mother said my brothers and I could go through his CD collection (about 200 of them) and take what we wanted. He had everything in there from Sinatra to The Clash (He came to love the "Rock The Casbah" video) to Madonna (he saw her twice in a week (2001?) at two ends of the country when he saw her at The Palace Of Auburn Hills here and then he saw her again in Vegas a week later-and he was like 73 ) and to Springsteen (who he'd also seen live around that time lol) to stuff I've never even heard of. Never too old I guess.

...and Al's your uncle.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd resurrect this thread to tell you guys about this guitar. It arrived in pristine condition & I've got to say it is pretty darn impressive. Yep, it's pink all right but the finish is flawless. Very well done. The neck is thinner than my 4 other elitist LPs (which my brother really likes) and the 'cutout' in the back is really comfortable. For a 'chambered' LP it's pretty darn heavy. The BB pickups sound exceptionally good. Dispite the pink, I wish I would've bought this one for myself. It is an excellent guitar and the pink starts to grow on you after awhile. It doesn't look nearly as bad in person as it does in the photos.

When the guitar arrived two more of my brothers were in town visiting & all 4 of us agreed that it is a really cool guitar. And for the $599 my brother paid for it he just about stole it.

I'd really like to have one of these. Again, it is a bona-fide kick-*** guitar. It plays great.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread to tell you guys about this guitar. It arrived in pristine condition & I've got to say it is pretty darn impressive. Yep' date=' it's pink all right but the finish is flawless. Very well done. The neck is thinner than my 4 other elitist LPs (which my brother really likes) and the 'cutout' in the back is really comfortable. For a 'chambered' LP it's pretty darn heavy. The BB pickups sound exceptionally good. Dispite the pink, I wish I would've bought this one for myself. It is an excellent guitar and the pink starts to grow on you after awhile. It doesn't look nearly as bad in person as it does in the photos.

When the guitar arrived two more of my brothers were in town visiting & all 4 of us agreed that it is a really cool guitar. And for the $599 my brother paid for it he just about stole it.

I'd really like to have one of these. Again, it is a bona-fide kick-*** guitar. It plays great. [/quote']

Hello Tulsa, that is super cool. I have played it in the shop and it is a very nice guitar. Amazing what a little networking can do!

Doth

Archived