Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elitist Twisted Sister Model LP

Doth

Hey guys,

The local guitar store has one of these for sale for $599. It is the elitist, and is pretty nice to play. Everything feels great. But they can't sell it. Nobody wants the Pink (same thing with their reverse V Gibson). Anyhow, the list on this is $1798.00 and most places are selling them for about $1100.00.

The pink doesn't float my boat, and I already have a Boneyard with the same pickups. If anybody is interested, send me a message and I will hook you up with the store info, I am sure they would ship it as it is just gathering dust in the store.

Thank you,

Doth

I know, but the price is so good, it makes you think......Maybe pink isn't so bad! I think it comes with a hard case at that price, so it is a hell of a deal. It plays nice and has a relief cut into the back for your ribcage like an Ultra.

20 years from now they might well be worth more than any other elitist since, by their ugliness, they will no doubt make less and sell less of these than the other models.

Ugliness aside, I'll bet they're damn good guitars.

Yep, I'd like to have that music store's number. For $599, you bet I'm interested. If you don't want to post it here, send it to me at tulsaslim@sbcglobal.net.

I never did quite get the point of this guitar. As an Elitist, I'm sure it's an outstanding instrument, but where I'm drawing a blank is the Twisted Sister connection.

Don't get me wrong, they're nice enough guys (we played on the same bill with them several times around '79 - '80), but they're NOT musical virtuosos & Twisted Sister was yesterday's news 20 years ago.

Maybe it's just me (I really don't get the whole signature model thing...unless you play in a tribute band - but even still, I don't recall ever seeing JJ with a pink LP), but who was the target market for this guitar?

same thing with their reverse V Gibson

This kind of surprises me. The Reverse Flying V was the fastest selling Guitar of the Week. The original 400 GOTW ones have been selling for $300-500 more than their original $999 price. Gibson is now doing a second "Limited Edition" series of them in 3 colors for $2300!

I don't even think they were relevant 20 years ago... B)

Well, I kind of disagree. For kids my age at that time, who weren't yet really into music as a player yet (and that whole still-budding MTV thing), their song "We're Not Gonna Take It" was a big hit, and memorable among many others I have forgotten. I don't argue they were any kind of musical geniuses, or that they should be ranked on a par with some of their more prolific contemporaries, but they definitely have a place.

Dee Snyder testified at the whole Tipper Gore led censorship-of-albums drive, or whatever you want to call it. Also, Dee was a DJ locally in Philly for a while. I don't think they took themselves too seriously, and just had fun.

I believe that pink Epi Elitist came out around their 25th anniversary (maybe of their big album?), which I think would have been about right. I think they played a couple of shows around that time.

My brother bought it a few minutes ago. $599 for the guitar, $89 for HSC and $45 shipping. Thanks for the tip. Strangley enough the guy at the music store said it was the 2nd guitar this week he's shipped to Tulsa. Unusual since he's in San Jose.

I think he got a good deal. I wish I had the cash to have bought it myself. If I recall correctly, MF & 123 were selling them for $1199 with HSC.

Dee Snyder testified at the whole Tipper Gore led censorship-of-albums drive' date=' or whatever you want to call it.

[/quote']

Yes... And for that, Dee Snider will always have my respect... And it's true that they didn't take themselves seriously, either... I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone's childhood memories... Just having a laugh...

I know that it is pink but if it sounds like the Tak Matsumoto, which it should because of the Burstbuckers 2 and 3 it should sound killer! I am playing my Tak right now through a tube screamer 8 into an EH Holy Grail into my Fender Bassman and all I can say is TONE! In a way I hate the Tak because it is making it impossible to find a Gibson Les Paul that I "have to have" over my Elitists! I'm going to have to start getting some recording gear so that I can store myself and the sounds of my various guitar/amp combos. The sound I'm getting right now is just remarkable

Svet

They were barely relevant at their peak in '84-85.

Relevant? I doubt they could tell you what it means without looking in a dictionary, but they put on a pretty good show. Saw them at Monsters of Rock in...in...1982? 83? Whitesnake, Dio, Farenheit 451, Meatloaf, ZZ Top, Heart and probably several other bands that I can no longer remember. One hell of a weekend, though.

That was right at the height of my hard rock days. Been moving more and more into blues and jazz ever since, until I doubt I play pure rock more than 3 or 4 times a year now. You don't think I'm getting old, do you? Nah. Just my musical tastes maturing.

Archived