Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day! LP Plus Content...Pics Added!

Muskank Sally

I'm so excited to have this new Epiphone LP Plus Top.

It's a sweet guitar.

The real beauty of it's purchase was the $399 price.

It's new with no blems or anything but I a ssume that the shop I got it at was unaware that there is a LP Standard Plus Top that is $549 and just marked it the LP Standard plain top price of $399.

Of course I later realized that after I left the store and within a half an hr. was back to put it on layaway.

Made at the Gibson Quingdao facility in May of 2007 it is the sweetest LP I've ever played.

And I'm wrestling myself to make sure I mean that.

I do.

Not a buzz on the neck and the intonation was spot on. (Kudos Inspector 22. Thanks!)

Great set of (improved?) Grovers.

Hot pickups!

Bridge and tailpiece are a real upgrade from the old ones and yes, they seem to really make the sustain a whole lot noticable when holding that final chord.

All in all I think this Epiphone is just the sweetest thing.

Looking at its surface deeper it gives the illusion that the front is treated in an ultra thick nitro coat because the small seed like grain of the top is showing through ever so slightly.

Patina over a 20 year period just might be surprising.

* Note: I can't post a pic here because I am having questions on how to do that.

I doesn't want to direct you to upload. Help?

Not a buzz on the neck and the intonation was spot on. (Kudos Inspector 22. Thanks!)

22 Rocks!!! The only other inspector that even comes close is 19. But whatever you do' date=' avoid 34, he drinks a lot.

* Note: I can't post a pic here because I am having questions on how to do that.

I doesn't want to direct you to upload. Help?

There should be an icon with a mountain & the Sun above the Font Color / Font Size. Click it, put the URL of the photo between the brackets and that should do it!!! Now post those photos!!!

22 Rocks!!! The only other inspector that even comes close is 19. But whatever you do' date=' avoid 34, he drinks a lot.[/quote']

Congrats on Your NGD!!! Those are the best days for sure.

Jerry I have heard this about 34. Now inspector 12, this was a great man! Though for reasons still not made public, he was rumored to have escaped Jakarta sometime around late 98 and was supposedly spotted living in a Pashtun village in Southwest Balochistan.

However, it is yet to be confirmed.

22 Rocks!!! The only other inspector that even comes close is 19. But whatever you do' date=' avoid 34, he drinks a lot.[/quote']

Congrats Gas Jones !!! I went on and on about "Inspector #12" who I think is the man! But I didn't want to hijack the thread =P~

HNGD!!! O:)

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/bobbydamm/LP%20Plus/

I finally got to photobucket to upload some Pics of the New LP Plus.

Now I just have to decide on the pickups to get next week.

I'm pretty much decided on the SD SH-2/SH-4JB combo.

The stock ones are Fine, yes but I'm Jonesing for some Duncans so this thing can scream!

Here you go:

guits033.jpg

guits032.jpg

guits030.jpg

guits028.jpg

guits027.jpg

guits026.jpg

guits024.jpg

guits022.jpg

guits021.jpg

guits020.jpg

guits019.jpg

guits018.jpg

guits017.jpg

For future reference, put the URL [*img]***here**[/img]

The star is added beside the first img so that it doesn't think its a pic... So just take 'er out and away you go!

Bloody nice axe, by the way, man! Im jealous...

Cheers

So' date=' everybody's getting a new guitar. I feel left out. Won't someone take pity and buy me a new Le Grande??? I promise I'd appreciate it and feed it everyday.

Someone?

Anyone?

[/quote']

Don't you even start! You and your collection (and mods!) are the biggest enabling sources on this forum! I have Visa and Mastercard sending hitmen after me! [-o<

So' date=' everybody's getting a new guitar. I feel left out. Won't someone take pity and buy me a new Le Grande??? I promise I'd appreciate it and feed it everyday.

[/quote']

But you have to remember, Gary... A guitar's a big responsibility... You also have to walk it and clean up after it and make sure it gets plenty of excercise... Remember what happened with that ukulele we got you last year?

But you have to remember' date=' Gary... A guitar's a big responsibility... You also have to walk it and clean up after it and make sure it gets plenty of excercise... Remember what happened with that ukulele we got you last year?

[/quote']

[-o<

Archived