Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II

shartom

I just picked up a copy of GW and this month they have a great article on the history of Epiphone. It is well worth the read.

They have also done a review of the Les Paul Ultra II that feature an acoustic pickup built into the neck.

There is a video available from GW that is supposed to demonstrate the sound of the guitar. I must say the acoustic sound was pretty good considering it was been played through a regular guitar amp.

I wish that when not only this guitar but any guitar is being demonstrated, they would turn off the overdrive so that the true sound of the instrument can be heard.

I have four Epiphones and l love each of their sounds. As a working musician, I can't play with overdrive on all of my gigs.

Does anyone else feel the same as me or am I just getting tooooooo old?

I wish that when not only this guitar but any guitar is being demonstrated' date=' they would [b']turn off the overdrive so that the true sound of the instrument can be heard[/b].

I have four Epiphones and l love each of their sounds. As a working musician, I can't play with overdrive on all of my gigs.

Does anyone else feel the same as me or am I just getting tooooooo old?

I agree whole-heartedly..... however, I just turned 50 a couple weeks back - I may be too old... :-k

Archived