Gibson Brands Forums

split coil tap on G-400?

jcwillow777

Thinking about hookups with the new SD pickup????

No, I am thinking about getting one of the '66 G-400s with the full pick guard, but they are in stock yet.

But, I have to admit that SG Prophecy is looking better all the time to me. I'm not sure about the Dirty Fingers though. Not sure if they would be too hot of a pickup for me. I really like more of a vintage sound, like what I'm getting out of the GFS Vintage 59s in my Dot and Sherry.

No' date=' I am thinking about getting one of the '66 G-400s with the full pick guard, but they are in stock yet.[/quote']

That's an LE model... are they planning to re-release it again?

Pretty hard to get one of those push/pull pots into a real SG but the G-400 is about 1/8" thicker so it just might fit.

That's an LE model... are they planning to re-release it again?

Yeah it is. The big 3 - MF, Music123 and GC have them on their sites and have been expecting them since Feb. 15th. I'm thinking maybe more like March 1st when the new Prophesys are available. I definitely want one of the '66 G-400s. I was in a hurry when I typed my last response, it should have said they are NOT in stock yet.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Standard-S.O.R-Electric-Guitar?sku=512455

I just checked with GC and they said they will be getting more in on the 29th. That's okay, I don't have the money right now.

Archived