Gibson Brands Forums

SG Jr?

corcoran

Should I purchase a SG Jr bolt on neck as my second guitar? I'm scared I'm not going to like it. My first guitar is a LP-100 and I just started playing. Should i take the deal? I really really like it but I don't know if it will do the job as a learning guitar/gigging guitar.

If you are really just learning, and still very new at the guitar,

I'd wait...learn to play what you have (unless it's unplayable, for some reason),

then get another one, if desired. I learned (the hard way, but pretty quickly),

that it's better, to buy a really great guitar, and "grow into it," as opposed to always buying

just a bit "better," and then growing out of, or dissatisfied with it. You'll not only save

a lot of money, that way, but a lot of dissatisfied moments, too. Also, the more you learn,

the better idea you'll have, as to what type music, really "trips your trigger," and that too, may

help determine, where you'll go, guitar purchase wise.

But, that's just my personal experience/feeling.

Charlie B.

I've been playing for a while. I know my way around a guitar, just that I don't feel confident yet haha. Well I've been bumming around eBay and some guitars caught my eyes. That's where i saw the Jr. Well I've been looking more and more on eBay and a Epiphone Invader caught my eyes and it was real cheap. Is it a legit guitar though? I never heard about it before. I'm holding from bidding because I do not want to purchase a fake Epi. Thanks again guys!

The "Invader" IS a legit Epiphone model. As to if this one you're interested in, is legit?

Who knows? But, as someone on this forum (RotcanX, was it?) said...there's no real

incentive to "fake" "Epiphones!" Vintage Gibsons, or other "collectable" guitars, sure...

So, I doubt it's a fake...

But, I would sure go try one out, at a store in the city, first! See if you like it, before bidding

on anything. But, that's just me.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Charlie B.

If possible, you should go to a music store and see if they have what you are looking for.

If they do play it. That will give you some idea if you like it or not.

But...Every guitar is different (Even the same model from the same factory made on the same day). I played ALOT of Epiphone Les Pauls, and none of them really did it for me (They were nice, but they didn't really make me go "WOW"), before I settled for what I ended up getting. As soon as I played it, I knew It was going to be mine. Even though it was out of tune, it just felt perfect for me.

Archived