Gibson Brands Forums

pics of the g400 and almost all of my other leafty FREAKS.

evol04gt

1129071836.jpg

taken before the g400 and not including the sherry as it is at my friends house...the 1975 guild was actually found in the TRASH by a friend.. the tele is metalic purple and the mexi black "sparkle"

strat behind the lespaul is being refinished dark walnut at the current time (if anyone cares im looking for a tortoise shell guard for the burst strat with laces..)

0304081111a.jpg

since its the epi forum, ill post some of the gibson...

0304081111.jpg

0304081110a.jpg

0304081110.jpg

0304081109a.jpg

with an old pair of doc martins and a clothesbasket.. lol.. messy music room@

0304081108.jpg

pics of other stuff later on this took about 30 minutes to make a photo bucket, digital camera doesnt like the laptop, so used my 2.0 megapixel lg cameraphone...

pictures really dont do the g400 justice...that finish is hot!

thanks everyone... the one nice thing (also a curse) about being lefty is that you never HAVE to get rid of anything, because most likely-- you will NEVER EVER find one again....back when my wife and i were poor years ago, i saw the sale purple tele on ebay for 500 and i REALLY wish we werent poor at the time because i would love to have two of them.... such a perfect guitar (even though its fender 25.5 scale) i cant wait to get my other stuff from my friend... i havent played my sheri or my marshall stack for over 5 years. i barely played guitar for a few years -- got to gung ho in my car hobby.now the tables are turned and im back in the right (or left?) frame of mind!!!!!!

.. the only reason i dont sell my FORD mustang and buy FENDER mustangs (lol) is that the wife would probably be REALLY mad if i got rid of that car.. lol... and more mad that i doubled the guitar collection.. lol....

the ARIA i picked up REALLY cheap when i was getting the electrionics repaired in the guild... its the smaller than 335 style.. like the 339... i almost sold it a few weeks ago, but i started playing it again and forgot how well the frets were dressed and how nice the action was... rip out the DUNCAN DESIGNS someday and put some real one in there! the holes are plugged with little plastic plugs... contemplating making them flush with the top and putting a vintage esq beatles sticker or something over them for some MOJO.

the univox is one i picked up for 50 bucks when i was 15 or 16 in my TIM ARMSTRONG of RANCID phase... its used to have a cheapo bigsby arm on it but i ground that off when i was young... pick ups are crap, but i have seen people paying 200=300 for these things so i may as well keep it.. lol... its seen better days (parts of the clear are flaking off... i bought it already swapped for lefty... its actually impressive how nice the binding and inlay work are.. it is a bolt on though..

evol04gt....just curious. Is that a Harmony acoustic on the top right??? I "had" a Harmony with a stock pickup in it with the same body style although the headstock was solid....To the best of my knowledge it was a late '40's......J

im not sure what it REALLY is...its from about 1936... my step fathers uncle used to play it in a bluegrass band..there is a damn near matching mandolin my cousin eric has that lives in atlanta (there were in a set and my stepfather gave him the mandolin--it didnt have as nice of a design on the body, it was more of white stencil if memory serves)

the best answer i have gotten is that the guitar was most likely made in or around Chicago most likely in the Harmony factory.. it has the tone of a turd..sharp frets, hard v neck, but the thing LOOKS awesome... i use it for delta slide when i think i know how to play blues..lol... i of course re strung it and when i was young i lost the pick gaise..it was a thin tortoiseshell (i could cut off my own toe for that)...i do love the shape of it though.. i would like to have a high end archtop in the same shape.

epinder=---- thats freakin awesome!!! i lost my pickguard a few yrs ago on my lespaul... it might be at my parents house.. somehow i have a right handed one in my case though? lol... if it werent for the screw hole, i would preffer the guard to be off anyways! your burst looks WAAAAAY different than mine does... how do you like the rosewood board? what year are those?

That is pretty cool.

I lost the pickguard for the LP too. I just received this one about a month ago from WD Music. I think I'm going to remove it though. It's a little toooo white compared to the rest of the creme on the guitar. The LP is '96.

As for the Strat, it's a 2005 MIA that I received as christmas present from one of my vendors. I have no preference regarding rosewood or maple necks. I also have a 2001 strat w/maple neck. I love them both.

I just purchased a 2004 '57 RI Goldtop that I have fallen in love with. You need to add one to your collection. I did show it the gibson forum, but I don't think they'll mind me showing it here:

57LP_01.jpg

yeah that is gorgeous!!! my les paul is also a 96.... lemme grab the serial number.. lets see how far apart they are!

i have always loved gold tops, but i would insist on cream p90s.... just for the look!

my les has had two headstock repairs though... i prob wont be buying a gibson again unless its used and i get it for a good price... ]]

a p90 gold top with out the 'rythym- treble' indicator on it would be dead sexy to have.

My serial is: 90686xxx so they are from different seasons. Never had any repairs on mine, but I'm actually thinking about selling it now that I have the GoldTop.

I know this is blasphomy, but I prefer my strats (I have 5 strats).

Nothing against Epi's or Gibson's; I like them too.

If they make music, I like 'em. =D>

give you my 00 usa standard with laces along with the stock pick ups for the les paul@

Thanks, but I think I've got buyer locally. Well, not locally, he's from France but he is visiting for few weeks and as LP's are expensive there, he wants to purchase it.

Beside's I already own 2 sunburst strats.

Thanks anyway.

Archived