Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup for Ron G

Sorry I forgot to mail this yesterday. Went to USPS today, found out I can't ship pickup to you because MY BOX IS TOO SMALL!

Just for comparison...

Package.jpg

The Post Office delivered another pickup to me, in this box. Now it doesn't meet their standards. Same thing (only different) about 6 weeks ago I tried to ship a guitar to a luthier for a crack repair. UPS told me that a) the box was too big (again, same carton they brought a guitar to me); and =P~ if it was more than $1000 value, it was too expensive to ship.

What the hell is happening, here? Seems to me that most of America is too afraid to make a move because it might violate some kind of regulation, and the other half keeps thinking up more ways to say "NO", no matter what the question.

Ron, somehow or other, this thing goes in the mail tomorrow.

Is this ridiculous??

Package2.jpg

What the hell are they talking about too small? So what are they saying envelopes are out of the question too??? This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time in regards to USPS.

WTF!?!? =P~

PS: Use one of their padded mailers I guess. They are dopes.

Gary, maybe try another post office. Or one of those retail "mailbox" places they have in strip malls. They may take it.

Or just find a big box and stuff a lot of newpaper in there. That really is crazy !!

I think a chick once said to me, "My box is too small". Ahhhhh - our wonderful federal government at work. In a semi-related thing, I'm flying to Vegas in May and perused the TSA's regulations for carry-on luggage. Just unbelievable!!!!

P.S. Thanks, Gary

OT' date=' but has anyone else ever noticed that packing peanuts WON'T stay in the box? And they must be hermaphroditic because if one of them rolls under the edge of the couch, they seem to multiply in the dark. Perhaps packing peanuts are nature's answer to that old question, "What do cockroaches use for sofas?"

[/quote']

That's too funny Gary! Coachroach sofas... why is it that they(packin peanuts, not the cucarachas),

stick to everything but go into the box where they are supposed to go?

This is one of the mysteries of life, I think.

Archived