Gibson Brands Forums

Gotoh Tune-O-Matic Bridge

Billybob Dylan

Does anyone know the technique for removing the screws from a Gotoh bridge? Unlike the Epiphone OEM bridge, there's no retaining wire, instead there's a locking nut on the end of each screw, but I'm blowed if I can get the nuts off.

Yes, I'm having trouble with my nuts!

I want to replace the saddles, you see.

I bought a Gotoh bridge like the one you have. I didn't need to remove the saddles, but I did ask at my local music store how you got the locking nuts off. The guy on duty said he thought they were held in place by something like Locktite or laquer. He said their tech used some type of solvent to free them. The tech wasn't there at the time though to confirm this. You might try contacting Gotoh or their distributor for more information.

I think the nuts are swaged on. They are not designed to be removed by the end user' date=' so to speak, and if you force them off you'll have problems from there on in.[/quote']

Am I obscenely immature, or is that really funny taken out-of-context?

O:)

Am I obscenely immature' date=' or is that really funny taken out-of-context?

=D> [/quote']

Well, it was certainly funnier than:

your having problems with your nuts maybe you should see a doctor instead of coming here

Thanks anyway, guys. Looks like I stay with the original saddles or risk screwing up a bridge.

Archived