Gibson Brands Forums

Songs for duet

albertjohn

JT - I'm happy to sign up to The Thames Estuary Truce. We need to join forces in case the US sat navs malfunction and they try to steal all our women again - you know' date=' the ones with the extra large wrists. There are plenty in Kent and Essex![/quote']

Deal!

But you can understand them trying to steal our women can't you when Sarah Jessica Parker is regarded

as the acNe (That N was very deliberate!) of style.

BTW I spent a little time last Friday listening to Knoplfler and ELH and there are some greta duet tracks

"This is us" is nice if a little cheesy!

Other question I meant to ask you, what do you string your SWD with? Robbie put some really light (9s) Ernis Balls on my 12 and I really like them but all the other acoustics I have are strung with Nanowebs.

BR

John

But you can understand them trying to steal our women can't you when Sarah Jessica Parker is regarded as the acNe (That N was very deliberate!) of style.

Sarah Jessica Parker is only considered the acne (or whatever) of style by suburban women and certain television critics. You'll have to think up another reason why your women are disappearing.

Johnt wrote: I am truly sorry TW that " your target" has been unavailable for your jibes!

But I would have thought that as you were getting creamed in the exchange you'd have relished the break.

Great to have you back mate. Unfortunately, many of your jibes escape me as I'm not exactly sure what some of your sayings actually mean. I think I can come close to their meaning and love British humor. Monte Python's Flying Circus used to be on in reruns every night here. Great stuff. These little verbal artillary attacks make me think we've known each other for years. My oldest friends and I carry on like this all the time so I'm completely used to it. I do question the " getting creamed in the exchange" idea. I'll just let you have that one even though you are an obvious hooligan and purveyor of mischief. I sense your heart is good! Also, Sarah Jessica Parker just won a beauty contest here. Unfortunately all of the other entrants were horses and one llama. Have a pint for me and Bob's your uncle.

Johnt wrote: I am truly sorry TW that " your target" has been unavailable for your jibes!

But I would have thought that as you were getting creamed in the exchange you'd have relished the break.

Great to have you back mate. Unfortunately' date=' many of your jibes escape me as I'm not exactly sure what some of your sayings actually mean. I think I can come close to their meaning and love British humor. Monte Python's Flying Circus used to be on in reruns every night here. Great stuff. These little verbal artillary attacks make me think we've known each other for years. My oldest friends and I carry on like this all the time so I'm completely used to it. I do question the " getting creamed in the exchange" idea. I'll just let you have that one even though you are an obvious hooligan and purveyor of mischief. I sense your heart is good! Also, Sarah Jessica Parker just won a beauty contest here. Unfortunately all of the other entrants were horses and one llama. Have a pint for me and Bob's your uncle.[/color']

Jibes yes. attacks never!

Healthly banter.

Long may it continue

although my seething jealously about the new lady under your arm may taint things a bit until I reach parity!

BR

John

Here's one that someone mentioned. It's lighthearted and would probably get the crowd into a good mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8&feature=related

Please accept this humble offering as an olive branch extended to you for my somewhat insulting comments regarding Brits' date=' limeys, etc. You were merely collateral damage, in the line of fire for my true target, Johnt, who will no longer resopnd to me. If you see him ask him to forgive me. I enjoy the reparte' and innocent banter that goes on between us. My best friends are much more caustic in their interactions with me. All in good fun, Matie, and Bob's your uncle. No tosh or cobblers involved!! PS- Tell Johnt that his new avatar is much more flattering even tho' his hair in the previous photo was less grey!! lol[/size']

thanks for the prine/dement link. her voice has such a haunting beauty. weird to see her singing about sniffing undies to say the least! check out this tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9-pDSYPrio&feature=related

the words are so mournful it kills me everytime esp. the line "its been 40 years and i'm still sitting here' great singer and poet.

Jibes yes. attacks never!

Healthly banter.

Long may it continue

although my seething jealously about the new lady under your arm may taint things a bit until I reach parity!

BR

John

Here' date=' here, Mate, long may it continue indeed! Quoites and away!! Also, your "seething jealously" has made my day and has definitely put me on the high road!! Also, do cobblers happen to come from horses?[/color']

...She has a fine voice but is not what you might call soprano. ...

Which is a good thing. Sopranos are over rated, as are violins, mandolins and flutes. I can listen to violas, cellos, mandolas and the occaisional bouzuki for hours.

Anything higher than an alto is best taken in moderation. As my daddy says about garlic, " A little bit goes a lo-o-o-ong way."

Words to live by.

Archived