Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton Serial Number

harks

Is anyone able to date my Sheraton and tell me where it was made? The serial number is 880509595 and it's located on a stick-on strip on the back of the headstock. The front of the headstock has "Epiphone by Gibson" at the top and the Epiphone logo at the bottom. I've been told it's probably Korean and was made in May 1988 (hence the 8805 numbers) but can anybody verify this?

It also has an extra tone/pickup switch that I've not seen on other Sheratons. I'm not too sure what this does exactly but it changes the tone so maybe it switches off one of the pickups.

Cheers.

Is anyone able to date my Sheraton and tell me where it was made? The serial number is 880509595 and it's located on a stick-on strip on the back of the headstock. The front of the headstock has "Epiphone by Gibson" at the top and the Epiphone logo at the bottom. I've been told it's probably Korean and was made in May 1988 (hence the 8805 numbers) but can anybody verify this?

It also has an extra tone/pickup switch that I've not seen on other Sheratons. I'm not too sure what this does exactly but it changes the tone so maybe it switches off one of the pickups.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum bro. The extra switch maybe a coil tap. Can you post a pick so we can check it out ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived