Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone sightings again

Biff

Saw Lenny Kravitz an hour ago in a concert with an Epiphone that looked like an olive sunburst Sorrento with two minihumbuckers, no bigsby, trapeze tailpiece and a white pickguard with the Epiphone E logo. Almost like this:

67sorent.jpg

Although he was just 20 meters away I can't give a better description..

His guitarist had an es-335 of some sort, with a headstock with all the tuners on one side (like on a Trini Lopez) and a similar white pickguard with the Epiphone logo that Lenny's had. Couldn't see any text on the headstock, he was in the opposite end of the stage.

And the gig wasn't bad either. :)

olive sunburst Sorrento with two minihumbuckers' date=' no bigsby, trapeze tailpiece and a white pickguard with the Epiphone E logo.

[/quote']

The olive coloured Sorrento was introduced in '61 and was also available in a 2 humbuckerversion.

...and Jack Casady and Jorma of hot tuna both play recent epiphones

ryan adams plays a vintage frontier

jackie greene plays several recent epiphones while touring as a member of phil lesh's band and solo...

you see the hollows and semis a whole lot more...

Killmore... That avatar's a good way to make sure all your posts get deleted! Or get you banned...

That's sort of my goal. After having some of my posts removed for no good reason, I decided to get a little bold.

If my posts are deleted now, at least I will know the reason why. If I am banned from the forum, then so be it.

I love Fender guitars and amplifiers, and I'm not afraid to show it.

I sort of remember Lenny playing a big a$$ guitar like that on the video for "Let Love Rule". That might be the same one. But' date=' then again that was like 17 or 18 years ago so, I may be wrong.[/quote']

Well, he used that Epiphone last night on both 'Mr. Cab Driver' and 'Let Love Rule', so I think your memory serves you correct.

Looks like a nice model.

1967-Epiphone-sorrento-b.JPG

I think they made a reissue in the '90s but those few I found online looked like just your regular boring Korean archtops.

Archived