Gibson Brands Forums

Shadow pickups

Joshshorty23

Hello everyone..i have an epiphone acoustic that has the shadow pickups on it..i recieved this guitar as a bootcamp graduation gift in 2001...shortly after which the pickups stopped working..i was constantly in transit at the time and never filled out a warranty...does anyone know how i could get ahold of a replacement pickup system or if epiphone(gibson) would even repair it? i am an electrician and have checked it out a little and it just seems to baffle me that after a few months it would break.

Go to www.shadow-electronics.com. Shadow has service centers all over the world including the USA. While the electronics carry a 5-year warranty, I'm sure they can still repair it or provide you with a replacement pickup.

Alternatively, contact 1-800-4GIBSON.

Thanks,

Epiphone

• 5 years later...

Hi

I know this is an old post but it came up while I was looking for information on the 5 year warranty for the eSONIC2 and I thought I would add something that I haven't seen posted yet.

The owners manual says to go to the Shadow Electronics website to register the eSONIC system separately “today”.

I've had my AJ500RE since 2009 and I'm having problems with the volume control. I thought I still had some of the 5 year warranty left so I went to the Shadow Electronics website to see how to use the warranty. Much to my surprise I found out that the 5 year warranty is really a 2 year warranty unless you register your eSONIC system with them within 10 days of purchase.

Here's a quote from part of the warranty agreement:

“Shadow warrants only to the original purchaser that the product will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of two years. Defects caused by abuse, accidents, modifications, negligence or misuse are not covered herein. The warranty will be extended to five years if the purchaser fills out the form below within ten days of purchase.”

Well, so much for my 5 year warranty.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I know this is an old post but it came up while I was looking for information on the 5 year warranty for the eSONIC2 and I thought I would add something that I haven't seen posted yet.

The owners manual says to go to the Shadow Electronics website to register the eSONIC system separately “today”.

I've had my AJ500RE since 2009 and I'm having problems with the volume control. I thought I still had some of the 5 year warranty left so I went to the Shadow Electronics website to see how to use the warranty. Much to my surprise I found out that the 5 year warranty is really a 2 year warranty unless you register your eSONIC system with them within 10 days of purchase.

“Shadow warrants only to the original purchaser that the product will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of two years. Defects caused by abuse, accidents, modifications, negligence or misuse are not covered herein. The warranty will be extended to five years if the purchaser fills out the form below within ten days of purchase.”

Hi all , I've been having issue's with mine it seems the Nano mag is distorting so I'm not sure if it's in the pre-amp or the pickup itself

harder you pluck the more it distorts kind of a pain when recording as every little note stands out so hard to cover up on straight acoustic tracks.

Thanks for the link above I'll be contacting Gibson and shadow as well Guitar center the guitar is under a yr old :)

I'm very interested in Shadows new panoflex wireless in hole system cords are a pain even in home recording LOL

Hi

The owners manual says to go to the Shadow Electronics website to register the eSONIC system separately "today".

"Shadow warrants only to the original purchaser that the product will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of two years. Defects caused by abuse, accidents, modifications, negligence or misuse are not covered herein. The warranty will be extended to five years if the purchaser fills out the form below within ten days of purchase."

...And so much for any Epiphones with the Esonic in them.

Archived