Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton II Bridge upgrades

JRizZ

forgot to measure it. but no matter. as I said I've got the Samick sheraton and the www.wdmusic.com bridge for that model fits.

see the other thread on this.. pics will show you what works..

no need to spend all the cash on tonepros. though it's good stuff if you want it..

I think wd has some left. not sure.. I bought three, used one and sold one.

you don't have to have a new tail. they sell the bridge seprately.

but if it's a Samick model.. only one will fit. .and that bridge is out of production.. so now is the time.

I can give 'em a call on monday and see if they still have any more in stock.

my ruler is a little worn.. but it looks like 7.3 or 7.4CM from center to center on the Samick bridge.

as in all the pics. samicks have the more square shouldered bridge.. so you can tell by looking.

ah no wonder...i just installed gibson pickups on my 96 sherry and was wondering why the strings don't line up with the polepieces..didn't notice b4 on the stock ones..anyone have any idea about the string spacing between saddles on the gotoh 103b? will they wide like the samick bridge?

that's nice cymabine.. I like the wood on yours!.. did the tp6 fit right on?

Glad you like it! I actually bought the guitar already modified..with changed parts and so......but the wood doesnt look modified at all...I'm pretty sure it fitted right in...just like the birdge.

cymbaline are those stock pickups? what could have happened when i installed the gibson pickups that caused the alignment to go off? Any ideas? Thanks!

Yeah these are stock pickups.....I dont think that changing the pickups can alter the poles allingment.

The Tonepros bridge doesn't fit. I'll attest to that now. I talked to WD when I ordered it and decided

to go with it anyway. After some glue, hardwood plugs, and some drilling it's all in. After the new

inserts were installed and the bridge was set in place you can't tell anything was ever touched. The string

spacing is a little wider than the original. I might grab the matching tailpiece for it now if I can find out if it

matches the new saddle spacing. I can't find any specs on it so it might be another call to WD. You can see

the difference in the alignment from the saddles to the tailpiece but it doesn't affect the tunability

or playability whatsoever.

I also decided to go with the MojoMusic 335 wiring assembly and I installed it during the parts delivery

waiting period while I had the guitar apart. That was a real fun job. I had my doubts in a few spots but

everything eventually fit right into place. All that, along with the new hot matching humbuckers from StewMac,

and this thing sounds and plays really sweet. Thanks for all the help everyone.

thanks for the reply cymbaline..yeah changing the pickups shouldn't alter the alignment but somehow they did on my Sherry! I didn't change anything else and the bridge is in the original position..so are the pickup covers so i can't really think what caused the misalignment..anyone has any ideas? Thanks..

teleholic, according to this description........ Click Here ,the spacing on the Gotoh 103B (if this is the same as yours) is 52mm which is about 2.04 inches. The original bridge from my 93 Sherry is about 1.96 inches which is 49.78 mm. So it looks like the Gotoh is just a little wider. The new Tonepros bridge I put on mine is a little wider at 2-1/16 inches. I doesn't match the tail piece.

thanks guys, i think i solved my own little mystery...apparently the new pickups did cause a misalignment..after some careful measuring, i found the polepiece spacing on the epi pickups to be about 50.5mm, matching the saddle-to-saddle distance on the stock sherry bridge(CM, mine's a stock bridge not the gotoh)..the polepiece dist on the gibson bridge pickup measures to around 53mm, thus causing the misalignment..but i may be wrong..if i'm right, then i think i'll be ordering a new tunematic with the right measurements..

Archived