Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone SG Ltd. Edition Alpine white serial

alexirawwr

I just bought this guitar on ebay and I cant find any info about the serial number. I tried this one online decoder but it found nothing about the guitar. It's a limited edition alpine white guitar, which says "hand crafted in china" on the back of the headstock, that's all I know. The serial number is 311465247, which is weird, because epiphones are supposed to have a letter (or two) as the first digits of the guitar. Maybe it's just because it's a limited edition.. pleez help?

I bought it today from abroad so I don't even have it yet lol... but there was this picture from where I could read the serial number, it was in a stickery thing, which I think is normal on epiphones? Just trying to find out if it's a real serial.

I just bought this guitar on ebay and I cant find any info about the serial number. I tried this one online decoder but it found nothing about the guitar. It's a limited edition alpine white guitar' date=' which says "hand crafted in china" on the back of the headstock, that's all I know. The serial number is 311465247, which is weird, because epiphones are supposed to have a letter (or two) as the first digits of the guitar. Maybe it's just because it's a limited edition.. pleez help?

[/quote']

E Bay Buy?

The serial is a little white sticker on the back of the headstock, right?

That's the inventory/stock number given the guitar by the dealer.

That is normal for 'Used' or '2nd' guitars.

Under that white sticker would be the original serial number, but more than likely

it is shaved missing the last 2 numbers.

You may still be able to make it out depending on how shaved it is.

oh yeah' date=' didn't come up with that at all! yeah, it's a factory 2nd.. thanks!

but why do they shave off the last 2 digits of the serial?[/quote']

To stop false warranty claims(?)

You can probably find out warranty info from your seller or possibly Epiphone.

I've never bought a guitar off E-Bay so I just don't have the answer to that one really,

just know what i've read.

oh yeah' date=' didn't come up with that at all! yeah, it's a factory 2nd.. thanks!

but why do they shave off the last 2 digits of the serial?[/quote']

Yep. To make it hard to sell the guitar as a regular one, I believe.

Epiphone doesn't have factory seconds by the way, the guitars are inspected, graded and marked as 2nds by the US team or the local distributor -- or like it is here in Finland and other Nordic countries, everything seems to be sold as 1st quality which sucks big time.

Archived