Gibson Brands Forums

Nice new bridge pins

Looks great !!!!! Question - is a bridge a bridge pin a bridge pin ??? ... or do they come in different "sizes" (diameters, I guess ???....and length, as you obviously already stated) ??? I have a AJ18-SNA, was wondering about the pins on my last few string changes (they seem to be rather cheap plastic....functional, but, ...meh). I've had it for several years, but am rather ignorant, as far as acoustics go....long time electric foole, here ....

Bridge pins come in different shapes and sizes. The length isn't all that critical, but the underskirt diameter and taper angle are very important. Bob Colosi has a pretty good bridge pin chart and measuring guide on his site. You'll find it about 3/4 of the way down the page here...

Bob Colosi's Site

You can purchase a bridge pin reamer that will allow you to cut your bridge to fit your chosen pins perfectly. Stew-Mac sells that tool here...

Stew-Mac Bridge Pin Reamers

Hi; have a pr350-sr and a ef500m a dreadnaught and OM both beautiful guitars and sounding great but I recently invested in some Tusq pins and the results were really noticeable that is improvement wise and also put some martin EC 12-54 on them both .I know I thought it was a name thing too but really try this combo for a few bucks its worth the experiment.

Archived