Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa

tele63

I saw JB at the Fraze Pavillion last night and it was a fantastic show. If you have not seen this man live in concert, you don't know what you're missing. CHECK HIM OUT!!! If you like LP's through Marshalls without anything to clutter up the signal then JB is your man. Plus, he is an incredible vocalist. Go see him.

Joe is the MAN. I got one of his cd's, "A New Day Yesterday". Amazing player, great singer. Makes me want to play guitar again like when I was 14 and heard SRV for the first time. The only issue I have with this album is that I don't think it was recorded that well #-o

I'd like to hear Joe with a much larger budget in the recording studio and a better engineer. I really like what the Black Crowes did with their sound on their new one, "Warpaint", and would love to hear Joe with a similar recording vibe.

With that said, Joe is the MAN. Amazing player - soul, soul, soul!!!

GP, you need to go get his 2disc LIVE set that was just released today "LIVE from nowhere in particular". This will satisfy you hunger for a better recording. I was able to get the cd last night at the show. It is GREAT. He'll be at the House of Blues in Cleveland on Oct 9th. GO!!!!

+1 guys.......I'm not easily impressed and after seeing Bonamassa live a couple of years ago.......well lets just say I go out to see him every time he comes to town....and there are very few guitar players that could drag this 48 year old *** out on a tuesday night! LOL He is Great live.#-o[-X

GP' date=' you need to go get his 2disc LIVE set that was just released today "LIVE from nowhere in particular". This will satisfy you hunger for a better recording. I was able to get the cd last night at the show. It is GREAT. He'll be at the House of Blues in Cleveland on Oct 9th. GO!!!![/quote']

Dude! Thanks for the tip on his show in Cleveland.

Unfortunately I'll be on the road to the Pacific NW -so I should be somewhere in Wyoming when Joe is jamming.

Thanks for the info on his live CD - yeah, read a review - I will have to get it!!!

The other thing I live about Joe is that he selects obscure old kool songs to cover. His version of Rory Gallagher's "Cradle Rock" is phenomenal!!!!!#-o

Cheers!

Archived