Gibson Brands Forums

I love my VJr 3!

1984 Guy

Bone stock. I put a Tech 21 GT2 and Behringer Reverb Machine in front. I really dig the tone. This amp loves pedals folks.O:)

img]<a href=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/SuperChunk426/th_FindinganAceFrehleyVibe.jpg' alt='th_FindinganAceFrehleyVibe.jpg'>

hehe - you're right as rain... You're preachin' to the choir here though as we're all (most of us anyways) VJ Groupies. My V3 VJ Combo is all I'm using lately and I have amps sitting all over the room (including 2 60's tubers). 1 KNOB and TONE TO DIE FOR... it's pure BRILLIANCE on Epiphone's part! I'm sure the new Valve Seniors will sell too but the simple Valve Junior is more fun than I've had in years. I'm 56 now and hammer on mine almost every night. Perfect for Blues and Classic Rock and with pedals I can do METAL too. Wish I had invented the lil' bugger. Nice clippage by the way! I'm positive I suk now O:)

Volume is at about 1/3 and the tubes are stock. JJ and EH. I have the GT2 gain at about 1/4 and the volume at about 1/4 also. When I put the GT2 into 'tweed' mode man, the tone coming out of that Epi is unbelievable. Without doubt the VJr is so much more than it looks or costs. I want another for that stereo sound. Why not for the price?

The Reverb Machine is a dead on copy of the Line 6 Verbzilla. The Behringer, as usual costs about 60% less. Excellent sound and quality build. I'm happy with it. I don't know if its better than a Marshall as I've never used a Marshall reverb before.

Archived