Gibson Brands Forums

Epi. Extreme

OhioSlashFan

Ohio,

If my memory serves me right....Ricochet put up a picture of one around th beginning of summer.

I think Spud said that they were around 2003.

Couldn't have been many made. Don't remember ever seeing them except in pictures.

Sort of like a SG frankengit...(not ment in a bad way) I remember the diamond plate pick guard. Hot guitar.

Not quite my style.

Ohio' date='

If my memory serves me right....Ricochet put up a picture of one around th beginning of summer.

Couldn't have been many made. Don't remember ever seeing them except in pictures.

Sort of like a SG frankengit...(not ment in a bad way) I remember the diamond plate pick guard. Hot guitar.

Not quite my style.[/quote'] I was just curious about that model/line of guitars, never seen one until today, thanks for the reply

Good memory Whitmore! Didn't even remember myself.

Here's a pic. Spud was correct with 2003. Incidently the SG Extreme also had a bass-version and is not to be confused with the LP Extreme(E-series' date=' Nucleus Collection) which was just extreme in the crackled finish.

Note: I think the zebra PUs are aftermarket and originally they came with chrome covered buckers, but not sure.

[img']http://www.bluegrassconnection.ca/2004%20Epiphone%20Goth%20Xtreme%20SG.jpg[/img]

Archived