Gibson Brands Forums

Whatever happened to Guitar of the Month?

theDeuce

Those guitars kept me interested and excited about the line.

Best I can figure they offered them 2005 and 2006 only.

I have an ES-135 '06 GOTM and was playing this weekend and got curious.

Remember the USA Map guitar? I would have liked to own that one too. Maybe they'll bring it back in US flag colors. It must have weighed a ton.

They're still going. The October '08 GOM is the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Explorer:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Products/Guitar%20of%20the%20Month/

How about an Epi Guitar of the month? I realize they couldn't go as radical as Gibson, but it would be neat to see some limited edition models or reissues of Epis no longer made or just some unique colors/hardware. Would be an affordable and fun alternative to the Gibsons. I'd like to see:

Les Paul Special

'57 Junior

'57 Goldtop

"'84" Explorer (white with EMGs Hetfield style)

Single P90 Crestwood

Firebird V

Moderne

Del Rey

I bet there would be a market for some of these if made available at a slight premium over your normal "production" Epi.

yeah, Gibson is still offering GOTM, just wondering about EPI. It's something I look forward to. Anyway, just thinking out loud really.

As for my EJ-160 it's a really good guitar. The neck is great, it's got a great setup. It seems to be a love it or hate it thing with those that buy it. I got a good one and love it. I had a pro do the setup for me and fit a bone saddle. BTW, I have phos/bronze strings and never plug it in.

Archived