Gibson Brands Forums

fender mini humms?

Stevie Nazarenie

I was wanting to try the "lil killers" on a tele clone I have...then read on here somewhere that they were not up to par with the usual GFS standards and they sent them back. I like the p/u's in the Reactor...was just wondering if those would give it more humbucker sound and when you wanted that Tele twang could do the coil splitting.

Then got the wildkat and any ideas of messing with that project got put on the back burner till I get tired of trying to play the paint off the WK....lol

Capt

i just youtubed and there are some good samples. i guess it depends what you want. i like fender sounds but i perhaps like mimi humms more. i was hoping for a dropin replacement i think it won't hurt to buy the 10k mid one and try it out. at least it gets rid of hum and can be split if you choose. it's no biggy anyway as i'm cutting my own old pickguards with a hacksaw and filing them to a reasonable level. i can shape a traditional slot to a mini hum but it does take a little time and effort...

you know i must be one of the odd people who likes mini humms over p90's. i like mine which is alnico 5. i want to have the split coil option but they don't make the fat one in gold. i see the mini bird and mini crunchy in gold gold but they are ceramic. will i love them too? i was bidding on a chrome fat mini but i really want gold splitables...

Archived