Gibson Brands Forums

Black Wildkat looks kind of green

arykotlik

Hi, thanks for reading. i live in the third world, and we dont get many cool guitars around here, so when i saw a black wildkat in a musicstore the other day i almost went crazy. I've been saving some money and im planning on buying it. I tried the guitar the other day and even tough its black, when there's a lot of light it looks kind of green. Is this normal ? do all black wildkats look like this ?

thanks !

Yeah, it's the nature of that "translucent" finish...not a deep black, as a solid color would be, but thin

enough to allow the wood pattern to show through. They all look a bit "greenish/grayish" in certain

(lighting) situations. Not to worry...

Good luck! Hope it works out, that you can get that guitar...it's a good one!

CB

Hi' date=' thanks for reading. i live in the third world, and we dont get many cool guitars around here, so when i saw a black wildkat in a musicstore the other day i almost went crazy. I've been saving some money and im planning on buying it. I tried the guitar the other day and even tough its black, when there's a lot of light it looks kind of green. Is this normal ? do all black wildkats look like this ?

thanks ![/quote']

In the world of watercolor, making black paint can be done by adding all hues together. The nice thing about that is that the black seems to have some hues of its own (other than carbon black). I built some speaker enclosures and stained them with something called jacobean. From a distance, it appeared to be black, but strong lighting would bring out some other colors that were quite pleasant (like some iridescent green and brown).

Today i went with my guitar teacher to the music store to try the guitar out, and both where very disappointed. The neck of the guitar was a bit curved, the bigsby tremolo made a noise, and he said overall it wasnt a good guitar. Im very sad :P but im glad i didn't buy it. I may travel to buenos aires in a couple of months and ill see if i can get a good one there. It sucks to live here, because we get the worst stuff at incredibly high prices. An epiphone wildkat its $2500 (aregntinian pesos) that's almost u$s800... so it was a lot of money to spend on a bad guitar ...

Thanks anyway guys !

Today i went with my guitar teacher to the music store to try the guitar out' date=' and both where very disappointed. The neck of the guitar was a bit curved, the bigsby tremolo made a noise, and he said overall it wasnt a good guitar. Im very sad :D but im glad i didn't buy it. I may travel to buenos aires in a couple of months and ill see if i can get a good one there. It sucks to live here, because we get the worst stuff at incredibly high prices. An epiphone wildkat its $2500 (aregntinian pesos) that's almost u$s800... so it was a lot of money to spend on a bad guitar ...

Thanks anyway guys ![/quote']

Well, good luck, on your quest for your "baby!' As a general rule, Wildkats are pretty Decent guitars,

but, as with any model, or even any brand, there are some "Dogs," out there. Avoid ANY guitar that's

stuck in a front window display! The heat alone, will wreck it. Not sure any dealers still do that, but

just in case...

CB

Archived