Gibson Brands Forums

.011's users...

TWANG

Remember starting out and moaning about how .009s hurt those virgin fingers? LOL

Played them for too long before trying .010s and then to .011s within a year.

.012s for me now. I like the tone bonus of heavy guage. The DR .012 Pure Blues sets - come with a wound 3rd (.024) and a .052. For all of the humid climate players (Notes_N & co.) DR seals the packages to keep them moisture proof.

.012s are not for everybody for sure. Need to widen the nut a shade on an LP. Also, I tune down 1 whole step -- and they play more like .011s -- and capo as needed. It's a bit of old school, but don't tell the drop D crowd -- they think its new fangled and new age.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

It says made in germany. it certainly seems like the stereotypical precision work they're famous for.

I didn't even ask. just wanted a roller to fit the epi well.. and it does.

I think it's a schaller.. only 45.00, too.

the bushings were the hassle there. smaller on the roller bridge.

yeah. that was a good deal on the cabs.

congrats

TWANG

My Fendertypes have 09s' date=' and the Gibsontypes(incl. a PRS) 010s... except for a P90 LP which has 011s.

I like the tone especially for rhythms, but it's definitely not as easy doing hell-bends on that one. I'll probably change back to 010 or maybe try a light top, heavy bottom set like 010-52 or 010-56.[/quote']

I am with Ricochet...the Tele has 9s, the LP Studio has 10s and the Wildkat has 11s...switching from one to the other I can hardly tell the difference. Now when I jump to the acoustic with the 12s...big change in the feel.

Capt

Archived