Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera P93 saga

Bluesbrekr1281734000

So about a week ago the Riviera is listed as Scratch'n'dent for $434. I order one and it arrives today. Open the box and there's a crack in the neck by the nut (sorry no pics). Very evident for 1 1/2 inches on one side and a hairline on the other.

I call MF and the gal, while very sympathetic, is obviously a new employee. At that time there is still another snd listing and she says she can 'save' one for me till my damaged one gets back to them. She also says she will email me a UPS tag for free shipping back to MF. Great, I say. Till an hour later, I dont have an emailed UPS label ( she said it would be about 10 minutes).

I call MF again and talk to a different CS person. He said they can't 'save' a guitar until one is returned. I tell him I haven't gotten the UPS label either...what are my options?

Long story short, they are going to send me a 'new' Riviera for the snd price. Thanks MF!

Wow...sorry for the hassle, but it sounds like you did "Just Fine," in the resolution end. Good Show!

When anyone sends a nice guitar, packed in only that triangled guitar box, and some padding, I shudder!

I've (personally) been very fortunate (so far, knock on wood), that they have all arrived unscathed. But,

I have always dreaded opening the box, upon arrival, fearing that very scenerio. Glad it all worked out!

CB

It was double boxed' date=' but there was very little 'padding' between the triangle box and the rectangular carton. Plenty of room for it to move around.

After telling the second CR rep about it, and the amount of $ I've spent at MF it didn't take long for him to agree to sending a 'new' one to replace the first one.[/quote']

GOOD! Glad it worked out. My MIJ '61 SG came from Japan, via the Postal service (Japanese then USPS),

in JUST the Triangle box! However it was very well padded, inside..so the guitar didn't move at all! It

(amazingly) arrived "in tune," as well! And it was only in a "gig bag" inside the box. So, when I first saw

the postal delivery person, with just that tri-angle box, I made them wait, until I had opened it, and

inspected the guitar. Amazingly, it was perfect!

CB

I'll put thick bubble wrap around the headstock, even in the case.. and then double box it with crushable stuff at the headstock end.

that way there's maximum absorption of shock.. had two break at the headstock even double boxed in hard cases..but since then they've all been fine.

MF does take care of this stuff much more often than not, and with benefit to the customer.. you had a wait but it turned out way good.

congrats..

post the pics when you get her!

TWANG

Archived