Gibson Brands Forums

Real or ??? - Black Beauty on Ebay

BillyGibson

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Black-Beauty-SAVE-BIG-NEW_W0QQitemZ180306893807QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item180306893807&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I have a friend at work who is gasing for this. The ad says it ship directly from the Gibson Factory. I thought that was

a warning sign. Can anyone tell if this is a deal or no deal?

I agree with you regarding the statement about shipping. I would avoid this seller.

The one in the photo looks ok as far as I can tell, but that's not the guitar you going to receive. He'll take your money and probably order a guitar from that unmentionable site and make a tidy little profit.

MF has a black Custom "B stock" for a little bit more. If you don't like it, you can return it to MF. I know it's not exactly the same but I would order from MF.

Good Luck.

I would not get this it seems like a fake to me. If you look real close to the first pic you can see that the binding on the headstock is way to thick. I bought a fake Gibson from china to see the quality. Big mistake. I have it away i didn't want the damn thing. and the binding on the headstock was the same as this one on ebay. so WARNING I would say no deal

You also might want to keep an eye on your local CL ads. I just sold my sons '04 custom (in new condition) with an Epi HSC locally for $375.

Unfortunately the way the economy is now, used prices seem to be down and you should be able to find a used LP Custom for a decent price. Plus, you can looky and touchie before you purchase.

Best of Luck in your search.

Your buddy needs to ponder why the "NEW!" guitar on fleabay is $300 less than the price of the new guitar from an authorized epi dealer...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENBBEBGH/

He also needs to wonder where the e-bay guitar came from, given that Gibson and Epiphone only sell through their authorized dealer network...

I agree with the comment above - if the new authorized dealer price is too much, track down a used one on Craigs List and check it out before parting with cash.

These counterfiters are not cutting each others, because there are only one or two of these sellers with multiple ebay accounts. So while it may look as if there are a lot of these sellers, there are only a few. They figure that they will get you one way or the other. Thats why so many of their pictures are the same. I saw one so bad, that all six pictures were shot on a different floor surface. Now who takes six different pictures in six different rooms?

Archived