Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone using a Graph Tech Resomax bridge on a Sheraton II?

wolfetho

I'm thinking about upgrading my bridge on my Sheraton II, and Graph Tech makes a replacement

that supposedly fits the Sheraton II. Anyone try this bridge? I would love to hear some

opinions on this.

Also, does Tone Pros have a direct replacement bridge> I don't want to do any drilling if I can help it.

Thanks,

Tom

Evidently the Sheraton-II has used at least 2 totally diff. bridges, mostly depending on what factory its from, but also what year model it is.(one is actually wider than the other)

Either search our archives, or go back several pages in our history, and you'll find this exact topic, with pics and measurements.

Our forum bro. "Twang" has done a lot of this type work, so i'd pay special attention to posts and threads by him.

the korean made models have a larger bridge.. different post spacing.. and they used at least two different bridges on these, as well.

the later models went to the more regular metric spaced bridge..

so you have to go metric with a sheri. but it still wont work on a korean sheri.

the only direct replacement bridge for the korean sheri is the repro unit WDMUSIC has on their webpages.

it is part no. GE103DG also available in chrome.

that's a better than stock bridge, too.

If you want graph tech, I only know that the GOTOH model saddles not the EPI graph tech saddles.. are the ones to fit.

that bridge has longer taller saddles..

I know because I just ticked off two good guys with the ones that said epi but didn't fit at all.

The ALL Parts part number for the graph tech saddles that fit the korean sheri bridge is

BP 2446-00G

disclaimer: I'm waiting on a set of these now.. I have NOT fit them to the bridge.. I had a long talk with All Parts and we both believe

the Gotoh model IS the one. I'll report as soon as I get mine in.

If you have a part number for that graph tech bridge that's supposed to fit.. or a webpage.. post it and I'll compare it to what I know.

I am NOT sure of ALL sheris made anywhere besides Korea.. but I would guess that the chinese are all more uniform and standard metric spacing should work fine.

TWANG

One bridge for the Sheraton II is Epiphone part number PBR-102. This is a Tune-O-Matic bridge with wide post holes and B2 saddle spacing.

I've never tried that one.. you'd have to order from Epiphone dealer as I've never seen it offered by parts dealers.

I don't know the specs.. the dealer would have to get them.. and I don't know for sure if it's late model or early.. and we all know there's a difference.

TWANG

Twang, are you sure about all Korean Sheris and the bridge sizing? I've just started looking into this so I'm no expert- my 2004 Sheri was built in the Saein factory which I think may have a different bridge from the Samick- built models. My specs are: Bridge post spacing c-c 73mm, 2 29/32”. Says B-2 underneath. Bridge post hole in bridge 6mm, ¼”. String spacing 2 1/32”.

I believe Tone Pros have a bridge with Graph Tech saddles which matches these specs.

That's the deal.. the samicks seem to have had two of the large bridges.. one was cheaper than the other.. then

they switched sizes, and that's what you've got.

The tone pros fits that as far as I know. .the metric tone pros.

the other bridge I mentioned, the PBR-102 was brought up by an email to gibson.

TWANG

Archived