Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Signature Models

Chaz Kellie

I own the Epi Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul, and it is awesome. My experience has always been with Gibson, but thought I would try this because of the price. I am simply astonished with its tone and more so the affordable price. In the future, I am hoping that Gibson authorizes Epiphone to produce the Wylde Bullseye Flying V ! With the LP Bullseye selling so well, maybe the "V" will be produced? Hopefully !

Chaz Kellie

How about that Prophecy with the Gibson Dirty Fingers. =D>

In that Black Cherry red color. Now that's pretty.

Its a great guitar to boot! I am in love with the GX line. I own the Les Paul and the SG versions with the Dirty Fingers pups. Just fantastic! The necks are works of art ... thin, fast and EBONY! LOL

Seriously, get your hands on one and give it a spin ... you'll be gassin' big time!

MIDI

Dirty Fingers have a warm, growley sound ... just the right amount of dirt in 'em. They are not harsh and metalic like the EMG's at all. I'm not much of a distortion guy, but, you can pour it on if you wish and they never get muddy. Every note in a chord rings out true even under heavy gain. They pup's are HOT! You'll find out how hot they are the first time you switch from another guitar and plug this one in. Its at least 20% louder than anything else I own. The coil tap switching is neat, but really more of a toy than a useful tool ... you'll still be grabbing for your "tele" if you're looking for twang.

You're right about the neck. It is a work of art on both the Les Paul and the SG. It is thin, fast and EBONY ... a great material for fretboards.

The looks of the guitar speaks for itself. Its certainly not going to appeal to the "traditionalist". The Lightning Bolts and all the gold may turn some players off, but, if you can get past that, you'll have a fine, responsive instrument. These are two of the finest guitars I have ever played. Hope this helps!

MIDI

Here's a Christmas shot of brother and sister under the tree! =D>

ProphecyTwins.jpg

You're not the only guy I've heard rave about that guitar.

And some pretty experienced players in there' date=' too.

I'm liking that prophecy with the emgs...

TWANG[/quote']

Someone on the local Vegas Craigslist is selling the EMG Les Paul for $450 ... that's something like $400 less that GC's price. Ohhhhh ... the pain!

MIDI

• 1 month later...

here is my 2002 unsung bullseye. i got it off ebay from a guy who bought it new played it for a month then put her in the case for 7 years. and money forced the sale still had the stock strings all coroded to heck on it...:D/ . i have since upgraded the pickups to the zwEMG81/85 set with the 18 volt mod (2 9volt batts) the sound is uncomparible to stock or even the standard single 9 volt configuration ( i have both). paid 575.00 with shipping for the guitar :

IMG_0564.jpg

another shot of her sitting with her 1996 fineguitars cousin and a couple of her other siblings:

IMG_0563.jpg

Archived