Gibson Brands Forums

My Christmas present to all those who...

Guest alanhindle

Guest alanhindle

......like a bit of heavy rock with masses of blues and slide in the form of early Whitesnake (before they turned in to an '80s big hair band).

Dig yourselves a bit of axe mania from Micky Moody, Bernie Marsden and (the late) Mel Galley with those monsters of rock David Coverdale, Ian Paice and Jon Lord:

i think we are all heathens in nature. it's a trial to be more!](*' date=') merry xmas. i had a nice eve with family but as usual birthdays and xmas get me covered in germs as my sister is a teacher. i managed to come down with her cold in one afternoon.=D> [/quote']

I hear ya. I used to fly up to San Francisco every Xmas to visit my brother and his family. His sons always had colds. I always caught them. It's almost a tradition that I get a cold and Mom gives me handkerchiefs for Xmas.

Guest alanhindle

Seems like my present was to my fellow countryman Profile only.

Did Whitesnake only appeal to the American audience in their late '80s soft metal era? Did you guys not even like Deep Purple (early Whitesnake was vitually Deep Purple minus Richie Blackmore) or was it only Zeppelin & Sabbath who broke the US from that early UK heavy rock crowd?

Anyway, I'll try again to tickle your fancies. I've just found an extended slide solo by Micky Moody which might appeal to US forum members a bit more. Slide guitar reminds me of your road movies:

Moody's Blues.

Have we any Micky Moody converts yet?

Seems like my present was to my fellow countryman Profile only.

Did Whitesnake only appeal to the American audience in their late '80s soft metal era? Did you guys not even like Deep Purple (early Whitesnake was vitually Deep Purple minus Richie Blackmore) or was it only Zeppelin & Sabbath who broke the US from that early UK heavy rock crowd?

Anyway' date=' I'll try again to tickle your fancies. I've just found an extended slide solo by Micky Moody which might appeal to US forum members a bit more. Slide guitar reminds me of your road movies:

Moody's Blues.

Have we any Micky Moody converts yet?

I saw Deep Purple in concert along with I believe it was Rod Stewart, Aerosmith, and one or two other bands. Admittedly, I was never a fan.

I saw Deep Purple in concert along with I believe it was Rod Stewart' date=' Aerosmith, and one or two other bands. Admittedly, I was never a fan.

[/quote']

I was a fan and I still like Lord's ballsy hammond playing! I have to be honest though...Micky Moody is always introduced as "the worlds best slide player" and he ain't even close IMHO! Derek Trucks can chew him up and spit him out in little pieces when it comes to slide.#-o

Archived