Gibson Brands Forums

Spot a fake Epiphone

TinyJimbo

This Epiphone Les Paul was made at the Deawon Plant, China, February 2004 and the Production Number is 2703...

No as far as i see it's not fake..i could only see the headstock properly and it tells me it's authentic, the logo is accurate ( thin E and angled logo)....volume and control knobs are perfectly parallel and the volume knobs straight to the nut on the PickGuard.. the bridge pickup is aligned a fair distance from the bridge. the finish looks really good.. chinese fake epiphone as far as i have seen does not have those white lining outside the trussrod cover..for some reason they make it all black... I say Authentic...!!! go a head buy it it's perfect.you'll have fun..anim_27.gif

I am not very familiar with the DaeWon models. (Although I have played a few)

It looks authentic to me.

My only concern is the TRC. I have, however, seen that type on other authentic LPs so I don't think it is a big deal.

Looks to be in good shape. Consider however, that it is almost 5 years old......How much is he asking?

If the price is too high you might want to look for one from Dae Two. (feeble attempt at humor)

Archived