Gibson Brands Forums

famous black beauty players?

stabarah

When the Rave channel was on Dish Network I used to DVR a lot of concerts. Peter Frampton and John Fogerty both used Black Beauties as several have said. Fogerty swapped out several LPs during the night, a Goldtop and a Sunburst in addition to the BB. It's also interesting to see that many artists that swap guitars are also using wireless... just flip a switch, swap, flip it back on.

Two humbucker'ed Les Paul Customs from 1957 -1960 are as rare as hen's teeth...

As far as famous Black Beauty players' date=' Neil's "Old Black" was a re-sprayed gold top not an LPC but John Fogerty and Albert Lee both have also used them...Albert Lee's was given to him by Eric Clapton who I believed previously used it for the Live Peace In Toronto show with Lennon. Mickey Baker of "Mickey and Sylvia" and his jazz course books fame had a few factory custom Black Beauties made for him in the 50's that had much different control configurations and these have come up for sale at incredibly ridiculous prices. [/quote']

Robert Fripp (King Crimson..In the court of the Crimson King) played a Black Beauty as well. So did Smokey Robinson

& the Miracles, Johnny Winters played a two pickup model. John Fogarty played a ' 55 two pickup model lent to

him by the owner for the rock n roll Hall of Fame show in 2000.

According to the author of the book, 94 LP Customs were shipped in '54, 355 in '55, 489 in '56, but only 283 in '57.

No mention of how many were shipped in 58 to 61, though. So these are very rare indeed.

Source: Book; The early years of the Les Paul Legacy by Robb Lawrence.

delete that pic of amy its an insult to musicans .junkie ****

...and while we're at it...the photo in your signature...Amy could use the company of an alcoholic poof-bait insult to musicians with her in Never Land...

sorry...I was bored...and it's kinda slow here...

How about some photos of Britney?

Nelson

Archived