Gibson Brands Forums

Truss Rod Cover

Canine

I've got two made up. One spoken for.

2.00 plus shipping..

I make them just a tick long... so they fit next to the nut well..

you may have to file just a bit along that straight edge.

I can do the screw holes if you want.. sometimes it's a good idea to do them as you install, and they are easy.

But if you don't have the bits or don't feel comfortable doing it it will work with them predrilled, too.

You just have to estimate a bit when doing the nut side edge.. that is, set the tr cover on.. see how extra long it is, then file until the holes match.. still really easy.. we're talking two minutes.

I bevel that edge so you're not even filing the full thickness.

They run at least ten bucks.. but I use my scrap and sell them for 2.00 plus shipping to your location, in the forums.

TWANG

b/w/b, I think looks best.. plain black is good on dot studio or anything with single ply binding..

b/w/b/w/b tends to look a little thick at the headstock to me.. but it's fancy.

TWANG

I've got two made up. One spoken for.

2.00 plus shipping..

I make them just a tick long... so they fit next to the nut well..

you may have to file just a bit along that straight edge.

I can do the screw holes if you want.. sometimes it's a good idea to do them as you install' date=' and they are easy.

But if you don't have the bits or don't feel comfortable doing it it will work with them predrilled, too.

You just have to estimate a bit when doing the nut side edge.. that is, set the tr cover on.. see how extra long it is, then file until the holes match.. still really easy.. we're talking two minutes.

I bevel that edge so you're not even filing the full thickness.

They run at least ten bucks.. but I use my scrap and sell them for 2.00 plus shipping to your location, in the forums.

TWANG

b/w/b, I think looks best.. plain black is good on dot studio or anything with single ply binding..

b/w/b/w/b tends to look a little thick at the headstock to me.. but it's fancy.

TWANG

[/quote']

I'd need your help some day twang !! do you carve the TRC's as well =D> ??

yeah I do guards backplate tr covers.. whatever you want.

I've got w/b/w and b/w/b and b/w/b/w/b and snakesking and white pearl and chrome mirror and some nice dark brown in stock.

I just want to say this.

cheapest way to ship is post office.

proof of delivery for australia is probably going to be the same deal as for canada.. 12.00 extra.

Now.. I've shipped to australia, canada, france, and england, as well as hawaii and the lower 48 states with only ONE

problem.

So.. since it makes no sense to pay that much money over a small item.. don't do proof of delivery.

I'll post a pic of the part here, and I'll post a pic of it packaged with your address. that should be proof enough that I built it and

mailed it.

If you don't get it.. and it's just a tr cover, I'll just make you another one.

I don't want to have to start adding 12.00 to the shipping costs for out of the country people just because of one guy, and I don't think

you want that either.

Foobugs was the only thing I've ever had lost in the mail. And that's over two years worth of shipping.

sound ok?

TWANG

Archived