Gibson Brands Forums

Planet Waves Cable

jam

Hi

I've just bought an Epiphone Dot in cherry and I love it. I bought a Planet Waves cable because the cable that came with the Dot is a little short. the problem is, it won't fit into the jack plug on my guitar. Has anyone else had the same problem with these cables? Could anyone recommend a good cable that will actually fit my guitar?

Any guitar cable should fit any guitar' date=' with very few exceptions.

When I bought my Whirlwind cable, there was a bur on the plastic ring that needed to be worn down. Is that your problem?[/quote']

No, I don't think so. The plug looks identical to the one that came with the dot. It's quite strange.

Jam' date='

Doesn't make much sense. Does the cable that came with it fit and work? What is the difference between the two?

If neither cable works then you may have a bad output jack. It happens.[/quote']

The cable that came with it fits and works perfectly. The Planet Waves cable is just too big to fit into the jack. Maybe it's just a dodgy cable then.

Oddly enough I've had a similiar problem with my Dot Studio. The cables which plug in nice and easy on all my other guitars/pedals/amps are a really tight fit in the Dot socket and have to be pushed really hard to get them to go in. Perhaps a batch of sockets came in slightly off tolerance but close enough to be used.

At least the lead won't pull out easily f it gets tugged.

I tried pushing it in as hard as I could and it still wouldn't fit, so I filed the metal on the plug down a bit and tried again. I had to push extremely hard, but it went in eventually. It was almost impossible to get it back out again though. I don't think I'll try that again. I think I'll just try a different type of cable. Thanks for the help though.

Archived