Gibson Brands Forums

Are footswitchs interchangable between amps?

Some are, some aren't. The store where I bought my Epi Blues Custom 30 didn't have an Epiphone footswitch, but they did have a Vox 2-button footswitch. We tried it out and it works perfectly --- button one does the channel switching, button 2 turns the reverb on and off.

The only way to know for sure is to try it out.

Some are' date=' some aren't. The store where I bought my Epi Blues Custom 30 didn't have an Epiphone footswitch, but they did have a Vox 2-button footswitch. We tried it out and it works perfectly --- button one does the channel switching, button 2 turns the reverb on and off.

The only way to know for sure is to try it out.[/quote']

Ditto. I think the two biggest things to figure out are how many switches and whether they are switching (a switch) or momentary (a button.) Since Epiphone didn't seem to be selling footswitches for a while, I bought a Fender one button footswitch. Well, it turned out that the BC30 uses a two button footswitch. The one button worked for toggling channels but the reverb was always off. I thought the reverb in my amp was broken for the longest time. Even brought it in to a shop and they (obviously) couldn't reproduce the problem. B) Ugh.

Brandon

Archived