Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Black Beauty

Paul Shepherd

I have an Epiphone Black Beauty 3 pick up (black body, gold and ivory trim) and Im looking to sell it. Its in great condition apart from some of the gold plating is worn (but adds to character.)

I want to get a rough idea of what its worth and also was wondering if someone could explain the serial number to me which is:

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

P.

idk how much it would cost' date=' depending on the year and stuff...but according to guitar dater project, your epi traveled through time, lol

Your guitar was made in

Korea

January c.2017

Production Number: 2382[/quote']

2017? wow that must have been left here by time travelers from the future...

wanna bet that the serial number is actually I 7012382 and is an Saein-made guitar dating to January of 1997 (or possibly but less likely..or not.. 2007)?

Nelson

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant' date=' Korea That's the "I " SAEIN made

January 1997

Production Number: 2382

Value American......... APX $550-600 with a hard casen if it's in very good condition (other than the character)

[/quote']

your quote is almost factory new price.......you can catch them on sale for $599

current new price is only $695.13 @ GC....

A used hard case, toss in maybe $60 more

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant' date=' Korea That's the "I " SAEIN made

January 1997

Production Number: 2382

Value American......... APX $550-600 with a hard casen if it's in very good condition (other than the character)

[/quote']

No kidding...Saein-made.. 1997....imagine that?? $450 tops...what ever that is in Brit Pounds, Euros or Yooper Bucks

Mr.Nelson

Yes, $695 is a blemished price, for a NEW guitar with a warranty

His guitar is also blemished........as well as used and with no warranty

offer him $550 if you want to.........it's not worth it to me

psssst...........slap $600 cash in front of the salesman @ GC for one w/a blemish, and watch him rip your hand off taking it..........they work on commission ya know.

I have to be honest, I dont know a great deal so im rather relying on you guys for some good advice. From your helpful feedback, Im getting the feeling that I should be selling this for between £300-£500?

I took it into a guitar shop and they told me they reckoned I would get no more than £280 because you can buy a brand new Gibson for £380-£400.

Im led to believe that mine is of a limited edition and I cant find another one with the same vibrato ( dont know if this makes a difference) The closest I can find to the same style is here:

here:

However it obviously says Epiphone and its gold to match the rest of the trim.

Can anyone suggest a good website (preferable UK) that I could sell my guitar on OR a good company thats not going to rip me off who would buy it. I dont want to advertise my guitar on here because I dont think this is the place for selling/buying

However you guys all seem to know your stuff so any help would be amazing.

Cheers.

Paul.

Archived