Gibson Brands Forums

Emperor Regent

L1Picker

6string' date='

Looks beautiful....sounds good too.

Didn't realize you were a jazz player. Were you finger picking and using a pick at the same time?[/quote']

Thanks, Willy. I was finger picking in the beginning and then switched to a pick toward the end when I added a couple of single note runs.

I'd like to change out the tone/volume pots for something more responsive, but other than that, I like what I'm getting from it. I normally use Thomastik-Infeld Swing series strings in 13's, but I put some D'Addario Chrome 11's on this time because it was all my local music store had in a flatwound. I ordered some TI 12's to try on the next string change.

I recorded it through a Roland Cube 60 on the JC setting and captured it with a Shure SM57 to a Korg D888 recorder.

Woo Hoo! It looks brand new. Did you get it second hand? The workmanship on it looks very nice.

Yes, it's second hand. I got it online from Mass Street Music. I had been looking at it on their site for quite some time and when they did a price drop, I couldn't pass it up. It came with a TKL hard case, and there were some foam inserts for the f-holes to reduce feedback when plugged in. Can't see using them anytime soon, but I've got them in there.

Yes' date=' it's second hand. I got it online from Mass Street Music. I had been looking at it on their site for quite some time and when they did a price drop, I couldn't pass it up. It came with a TKL hard case, and there were some foam inserts for the f-holes to reduce feedback when plugged in. Can't see using them anytime soon, but I've got them in there.[/quote']

Good catch, and it sounds very smooth. Looks like one of the guitars one would get from Jeff Hale's site.

Archived