Gibson Brands Forums

H.N.A.D to me and H.N.P.B.D to me too!

mrjones200x

Happy new amp day to me and happy new pedal board day too! Just finished putting together my pedalboard with my new footswitch (Amp one) and have just got my amp yesterday a Laney LV200. I got this amp to replace with my Vox AD-30-VT which i sold on ebay last week. Needed more power and this had the sound i wanted.

My set up now is

Epi LP Std-Compressor/sustainer(CS100)-Ultra Metal(UM300)-Boss Distortion(DS-1)-Danelectro fab Chorus-Belcat Delay-Laney LV200 or Epiphone Valve junior V3 Modded.

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

Post pics of your pedal boards too guys! Looking to get a crybaby wah so will need ideas to make a new one

Yeah made by me. Its an old ali case that had a knife set in before hand-still says prima on a plate near the handle lol ](*,)

Just put in a foam mat i found at work then put double sided tape on everything. Does the job for now.

Has gone through a few changes below ](*,)

DSC01558.jpg

First Build

DSC01573.jpg

Second Build

DSC01575.jpg

Third go. No more room now so need ideas

Still enjoying your new purchase? I just had a look at your set up and would like to add some comments on it. Are those patch leads from ebay for around 5 quid (8-10 dollars) for 6? Change them. Man you wouldn't believe the difference. I was using em for quite a while until they started to pop and got me nerves... soldered all by myself from high quality parts and ... oh just do it 8-[ And I'm a tone freak and true bypass is the essential extra for everyone. Not sure bout your budget, but get yourself a true bypass loop. I bought that from states for around 90 dollars i think (with shipping to UK, so should be cheaper for ya), soldered myself (not really hard job) and ... oh just do it :)

...just got my amp yesterday a Laney LV200. I got this amp to replace with my Vox AD-30-VT which i sold on ebay last week.

Happy new gear day Mr Jones.

That Laney looks nice. I used to have a VC50. Nice amp but too damn loud for my needs these days.

My Vox AD30VT is heading for the door soon, too. Guess I've fallen out of love with it. Fender Blues Jr will be coming in to replace it.

if you're using them all at all the time without switching off then no, you don't need true bypass, but if you're using them sometimes, but always root signal through, you would be surprised at the signal loss you are experiencing. Especially danelectro stuff. They're cheap, and affects signal most (while switched off) cause signal is still going through the circuit.

When im not using them i disconnect the fx loop from the amp so its just me and the guitar. Where would i put a true bypass in the effects loop? Hows the order of my pedals?

I generally use 1 or 2 at a time. Maybe delay and chorus together.

Only use the distortion pedals on the valve junior but i may get rid of them as the laney amp does distortion very well at low volumes.

Now the compressor? Dosent seem to much really, helps with tapping solos but still stuggling where to find its best used.

My aim is to get a set up as follows

Comp/Sust-Chorus-Delay-Wah pedal

your amp effect loop send to loopers input, loopers output to amps effect loop return. Looper has from 1 to probably 10 or more loops, one for each effect. When all loops are off, your signal is unaffected. Compressor should go somewhere at the beginning of your chain as it will normalise volume of your guitar input.

If we are looking at advise of the books, effect chain should look like that:

Filter effects -> dynamics -> overdrive -> modulation -> level -> pitch -> time-based

Wah should be placed somewhere at the beginning of the chain, however you can put it after overdrive to get thicker sound. Don't put wah after delay mate, it gonna sound awful.

Archived